“A little piece of Heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Mountain Resort

Red Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ivins
Charlotte, NC
“A little piece of Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have been to several fitness resorts and this is by far my favorite. Within an hour of arrival, I felt more calm and relaxed than I have in years. Even though it was 117 that first day and maintained over 100 every day of my visit, I enjoyed every minute. The morning hikes were incredible, The food was delicious. The hiking trip to the Narrows in Zion National Park was a once in a lifetime experience that I will never forget. The exercise classes were unique: Melt, Nordic Walking.

I met some nice people and the staff couldn't have been nicer. Special requests for dinner are accepted without so much as a frown. The menu has gluten free options, vegan options, and calorie count listed for each item. I tried many foods that I would never order at home and liked most of them.

My room was clean and comfortable, although not 5 star. I have to admit that I was in this least expensive room, not the villas. It didn't really matter since I was never in the room except to sleep and shower! The bed was great and that's all I cared about anyway!

You will love this resort if you are looking to relax, feel refreshed, and just be regenerated - mind and body.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank charlottenc96
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Charlottenc

We sure hope that the temperature dial is turned down for your next visit. Thank you for your great comments. Everyone who was here during the unusual heat wave deserves the super hiker awards!

Tracey Welsh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Even with the extreme heat ( 113 degrees) the past 4 days we were there - my gal pal and I ( who between us have visited the resort at least a dozen times) had an awesome time! The guided hikes through the magnificent red mountains, splendid variety of workout classes, the deliciously healthy food, comfortable rooms, beautiful landscaping & serene paths, the "spa with it all" and overall genuinely nice staff makes this a "must go to" resort vacation for fitness and/or to pamper yourself. And be sure to venture off the property one evening to catch a musical at the outdoor - Tuachan Theatre - set in the red mountains only about a mile away

Room Tip: With multiple buildings, arranges in a "campus type" set up joined by paths landscaped wit...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hi Groovybread,

I am delighted that despite the record heat, you enjoyed so much of Red Mountain and our area. Tuacahn is a great addition to a Red Mountain experience and each year the shows get better and better. Thank you for your review and we hope to have you return. Tracey Welsh
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

A wonderful one-week stay to relax and recharge. Stayed early June, flew on a new United nonstop from Denver to St. George.

Pros:
- Beginning of off-peak, less crowded hikes and restaurant and classes.
- Still cool enough in the mornings.
- Food: Never had better at any previous hotel stay. Perfect portions and satisfying without being overstuffed.
- Rooms: pleasant (stayed in the "Rabbit" building, standard room); sufficient for the lack of time you spend there since there's so much to do
- Staff: Stellar. Many knew my name by mid-week.
- Classes: Fun, and unique in some cases.
- Activities: Everything is thorough and well-thought. Great guides.
- Everything else: a joy.

Cons:
- June might just be a bit too hot for me; southern UT is already into the 100s by then. Thankfully, the mornings were cool, and Zion Nat'l Park (one of the activities) is cool in some of the canyons.
- Earlier hikes (before breakfast, starting around dawn) would be nice during the hot months
- More towel rods or hooks by the bathroom sinks! But this is a problem in almost every hotel.

All the above cons were so minor, and the food - I can't say enough about the food. Nutritious and delicious and fresh - made meeting the 5-9 daily servings of veggies easy and tasty.

I highly recommend the community table at dinner to meet some great people if you're traveling solo.

I'm going back when I can afford it!

Room Tip: Some (very few) of the rooms might have had an older A/C unit. If it's causing problems (usuall...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank dox78
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thanks dox78! Glad that you experienced so much of what we offer at Red Mountain. I am hearing rave reviews on the Denver flight and its ease - and amazing beauty if you get a window seat. I hope we do see you again - as now you are an adventure club member, which earns you discounts on spa & wellness.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I went to this amazing spa/resort and had a ball....The food is outstanding-I am dumbfounded at reviews stating otherwise-The food is healthy-that is a beautiful salad bar daily, homemade soup daily, fruit flavored water, ever changing dinner menu truly AMAZING-Take a look at the executive and su chef resumes-both have extensive resumes including Miravalle and Canyon Ranch both argumentatively the most exclusive resorts in the country! The staff all love their jobs and it is an amazing atmosphere. Our room was upgraded to a villa-not sure why but it was outstanding....I dream of the daily massages and the amazing desserts ever since Ive returned to the "real world" ......My only suggestion would be-could you please replace the spray bottle the guest has to spray in the steam room to an automatic one-great place!:)Yup thats my only recommendation:)EHH

Room Tip: pay a bit more for the villas.....
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Elizabeth, I do appreciate your kind words and I hope that you are still feeling the Red Mountain glow! I hope you will come again, and we'll look into your steam room suggestion.

Powhatan va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had to review since some of the previous we're not so favorable. I loved it all.... Food healthy and tasty and always changing. Rooms, very nice hotel room. Great amenities, Kept clean and well stocked with towels. Fitness classes were terrific and staff very helpful. Spa treatments were excellent and I found the spa facility extremely welcoming and relaxing. ALL the staff at the resort could not have been nicer or more accommodating. We did two outdoor adventures, and they were perfect. I went with my 26 year old daughter and we both had an experience beyond our hopes. Not sure why the comments on food or spa come from.... Highly recommended!!! The only negative, if that, comment is the AC in the room is loud. I am also a light sleeper. My daughter never heard it!!!

Room Tip: We were in the eagle building and that is a terrific location!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jmfc592
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

The resort is really beautiful, service is amazing, food and location are also great! it is very close to Snow Canyon where you can hike in spectacular views. There are several hiking trails there for all levels, really worth going.
Back to the hotel, everything was perfect but... rooms are terrible! Our room was very outdated, had a terrible smell and was very dark, which is a shame because when you opened the door, view was superb. Air conditioning was also terrible, could not sleep because of the noise.
Because of the room I would say resort is overpriced. It was really disappointing entering in that room after doing some terrific hikings. You get back tiried and want some confort but...
Again, resort is beautiful, food is good and service is really great but not being able to sleep well was a huge downside for me

Room Tip: Check if they have recently renovated rooms...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Prag2011
Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you are looking for serenity and relaxation with plentiful activities if and when you choose, then this is a great place! The views were to die for, activities were fun, hikes, guides and service all excellent. That said, the spa was just okay and the food could be a lot better also. It was okay, sometimes good, but never great. The beds were very comfy if you like soft mattresses, but the a/c unit was so loud I could not sleep with it on. Left the windows open and it worked out fine, but I traveled in May when nights were still cool. This could be a problem if you are noise adverse and traveling in the summer. A few things I did not know before I traveled that would have been helpful....you can have a mini frig brought to your room for just $3/day. Nice to keep snacks or cold drinks. Each building has a laundry room with a microwave. Wish I had known this when I checked in (only found it the day I left). Also, the resorts has bikes you can just sign out and ride into Snow Canyon (at no charge), if you are not afraid to do this. I took two solo bike rides and felt completely safe. I also had a rental car and took my own excursion into Zion to save money. The park rangers give you all the maps, guides you need and the park was full of people, so again, if you are traveling on a budget, skip the "extra paid" bike and Zion excursions and do it yourself. You can also check out a yoga mat at the fitness center for the week and do your own yoga in the dessert or canyon. That was nice since I often napped lazily on a hammock and missed classes. Paid to take a Kayaking excursion at a nearby reservoir and really enjoyed that. Overall great trip! Wasn't aware that you could stay there a-la-carte. But if you are a foodie like me, you might want to go a-la-carte, get a villa with a full kitchen, and use the breakfast and lunch buffet at your leisure. Really lovely place to get away from it all and recharge.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a canyon view or close to the pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Jennifer L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivins
Inn on the Cliff
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites St. George
Hampton Inn St. George
Hampton Inn St. George
#7 of 41 in St. George

Been to Red Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!