“Love this place!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ivins
Glenview, Illinois, United States
“Love this place!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Just spent four days at Red Mountain Resort and Spa and everything was excellent!
Hikes: excellent guides and ever changing hikes. They rotate hikes every seven days so you will always go to a different location. I did Challenger level every morning and it was a great workout.
Fitness sessions: Loved the 11:00 am stretch classes after the morning hike. Nice variety and instructors. Did the Zumba class. Fun.
Meals: Enjoyed every meal; breakfast offers the most variety and everything is delicious. Lunches are themed and fine. Dinners are order from menu. A couple of nights the service was very slow, but, heck, you're in paradise. Who cares? The food was very good. Try some of the cocktails...the Mojito is fabulous! (And still lost a bit of weight!)
Rooms: Just fine. Quiet and comfortable.
Outfitter Store: Don't miss this! The sales people go out of their way to help and the selection is nice. They have an excellent selection of hiking boots should you need to buy new boots (like I did). Thanks, Heidi.
Spa: I did one massage (Rose was fabulous!). From conversations with friends, everyone enjoyed their massages. You could always tell who had a massage because they had that relaxed glow!
Employees: They all go out of their way to help. An amazing group of people. Where else do you go and remember the names of the guides and employees who helped you? Enough said.
Community Table: I was alone but was not lacking for friends at the Community Table. Had a great time with my table mates: Steve, Fran, Karen, Tina, Danielle, Joe..!

Just like so many people I met who were on multiple trips..."I'll be back!"

Cathy

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Hi Cathy,

Thank you for writing about your Red Mountain getaway. We do hope that you will return and enjoy more of what we have to offer. Sorry that the dining room service was a bit slow, and we appreciate that feedback. Warm regards, Tracey Welsh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Provo, Utah
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I almost don't want to tell anyone about this resort as it was so quiet and nice. Gorgeous views, endless hiking trails, healthy food, relaxing, and extremely peaceful. The breakfast that is included in the room purchases isn't a continental type of breakfast you get for free in most hotels - this breakfast was a completely decked out buffet. And not a "fatty" buffet, but rather one with multi grain pancakes, poached eggs, and a variety of grains. I even got an omelet that was fresh and extremely tasty. The spa treatments are also world class. I have had more massages than I can count - at times weekly, but the Red Mountain Spa had possibly the very best. At the end of our stay - I really did not want to leave. It was a drag to have to come back to real life and the real world, but at least I did so completely rejuvenated.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is absolutely a lovely resort. The rooms are ROOMY, and very nice. Clean. Friendly. And the view is incredible. You are right at the foot of some great red cliffs, within a 10 to 15 minute walk from any of the rooms. There is also a meditation garden. Just a great spot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Overall, a very nice resort/spa. The rooms (not in the Villas) were very "motel" like. The carpet was industrial pile, the furniture was dated and scratched and the walls and door needed to be painted. Air conditioner/heater is wall unit and quite noisy (like Motel 6).The beds were quite comfortable and the bathrooms were updated with granite counter tops and slate flooring. We were lucky enough to have a corner room on the second (top) floor, and had windows on two sides of the room. Lower floor or middle rooms had only one window and would seem to be claustrophobic. Enough with the negative...This resort is in an absolute beautiful location! The grounds are immaculate and the entire setting is quiet and relaxing. Activities abound and even if you don't feel like doing anything organized by the hotel, there's an abundance of hiking and biking literally right outside your door. The staff is bend-over-backward helpful. I always leave housekeeping a daily gratuity, and this is the first establishment where the housekeeper (Sylvia) actually left me a thank you note. Alcohol is only available during lunch and dinner in the restaurant, so BYOB if that's important. Service in the main restaurant was also superb. No refrigerators in the rooms, but you can have one sent to your room if necessary. With updated rooms, I'd give this place a "5".

Room Tip: Rabbit Building, rooms 241 or 255.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Wasatchskier
Toronto, ON
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here back in November 2012 and were thoroughly impressed with the resort and the area around Ivins. The resort is incredibly well kept and everything was done at a high level, from fitness or other health classes, to the daily meals in the restaurant. We enjoyed exploring the area on our own, and participating in many of the activities at the resort. In all, I would recommend staying in the deluxe villas to have access to the private pool, which was nice. There is a great relaxed vibe all around, and the other guests were all respectful of the health focus of the resort. I loved the advanced guided hike and the yoga and meditation classes were very insightful for me. I also golfed in Mesquite, NV at Wolf Creek and Conastoga, and really enjoyed both courses and loved the drive there and back each day in our rental convertible - about a 35min drive each way, with a time change at the Arizona/Nevada border. We also spent a day hiking in Zion National Park which was fantastic. In all, this resort was the perfect home base, and allowed me to enjoy both the resort and local golf etc, while my wife enjoyed some of her own activities. I would definitely return to Red Mountain Resort and look forward to it. I was impressed how many people we met in activities noted that they had returned multiple times, which is clearly a hallmark of the great resort and services. The staff were amazing!

Room Tip: Reserve a deluxe villa for access to the private pool. We had a great corner room with a full livin...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I took our first visit to Red Mountain in mid March. We were delightfully surprised with the facility. The rooms were spacious and immaculate with a great bed, a nice deck with a sliding door to let in fresh mountain air, massive amounts of closet space and a great bathroom. The resort is very casual so you don’t need a lot of clothing.
The one aspect of the resort that impressed us from the time we first registered to when we checked out was the amazing can-do attitude. Unlike other places we often stay in, the word ‘no’ is not in the staff’s vocabulary. Everything was doable.
The variety of activities from hikes of different levels to sunset tai chi was well organized and led by highly qualified, friendly guides and leaders. We didn’t take an activity that wasn’t enjoyable.
Like other reviewers have said the food was very good and the servers competent if perhaps a bit too zealous in checking with us literally every 10 minutes to ensure our meals were satisfactory.

Room Tip: Some rooms look over the pool (which is very nice, and others over the desert and mountains which fo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CholentBoy
Orange, California, United States
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I recently stayed at Red Mountain Resort and my only regret was that I didn't have more time there. Friendly, helpful people - food so good it's hard to believe it's healthy - more fitness activities than anyone could possibly do - hiking in the incredible Utah beauty - I had either a massage or facial every night [perhaps the best facial I've ever had and among the best for massages]. My hiking guides were friendly, knowledgeable, encouraging and made the hikes much more enjoyable than they would have been 'on my own' - if I had known how great the Outfitters store was, I wouldn't have bothered bringing so many of my own things and would have just taken empty suitcases. Dr. Brad Crump [medical director] is amazing - I enjoyed his talks and had a private consultation with him that explained a LOT of things. He emailed a reference for someone I could see here at home for follow-up. Everyone seems dedicated to the care and wellness of the guests, making sure we have a good time. The room was very nice, extremely comfortable bed and the most comfortable pillows I've ever had in a hotel - overall, I'm only sorry I couldn't have stayed longer but will definitely go back for a return visit as soon as I can fit it into my schedule!

Room Tip: I was in the Rabbit building upstairs - it was quiet and I enjoyed the waterfall right outside the r...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivins
Inn on the Cliff
Hampton Inn St. George
Hampton Inn St. George
#7 of 41 in St. George
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George

Been to Red Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!