“Red Mountain....Why didn't I visit you sooner?”

Red Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ivins
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This resort is a life experience. I left inspired, centered, and refreshed. Stop thinking about it and go book your trip.

ROOM/BATHROOM - We stayed in the Deer building. The bed was heavenly. It was great after a long day. The shower was separated from the sleeping quarters by a wall; the toliet was in a separate small room. There was a ton of counterspace in the bathroom, and the shower/tub combo was huge. I was a bit shocked that there was no real entrance to the room, though. You open the door and are two feet from the foot of the bed. That was unexpected, but we got used to it.

FITNESS - I was like a kid in a candy store with the variety of actvities. My favorite was the morning hiking. We participated in the mid-level hikes, and they were 2+ hours of challenging fun. It was a great start to the day. The guides were great and made sure that everyone had fun. The health seminars provided fresh information.

FOOD - Yum. Yum. Everything was amazing, and the ingredients were so fresh. We attended the cooking demonstration, and the chef prepared an edamame succotash and elk medallions with a red wine, dried cherry, and walnut sauce. They had several vegetarian and vegan options during the meals.

SPA - The steam room was a great start to our spa day. The massage at Red Mountain was, without a doubt, the best massage I've ever had. My aunt said that her massage was stellar also. The relaxation room overlooked a beautiful view of the landscape, grounds, and the red rocks.

OVERALL - I felt the energy of the other resort guests, but I never felt bombarded with people. There were lots of mom/daughter, couples, girlfriends, and solo travelers. If you are a solo traveler, and even if you aren't, they have a community table for meals. Normally a trainer, physician, or other resort staff would sit at the community table for some time and facilitate conversation. Everyone was so friendly, that I would return by myself and feel certain that I'd never be lonely!

I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Take_Me_There_Too
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Take Me There,

Thank you for your review of Red Mountain Resort. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope that you will indeed return soon. We have some exciting new changes to our dinner menu happening next week, and are always adding new program. Tracey Welsh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We recommend the dragonfly villas with their beautiful views of the red mountains and lava fields. The staff was wonderful and food delicious.

The spa services were above and beyond. The guides for morning hikes were incredibly fit and also encouraging (they were able to accomodate those guests who are in marathon- running shape as well as novice hikers)

In particular, we loved Cary and Steve (hiking guides) and Peggy and Crystal (massage therapists)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lava fields and red mountains.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank I love spas g
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear I love spas,

Thank your for writing about your experience at Red Mountain Resort. I hope that you have the opportunity to visit us in the future as we are always adding new adventures to our schedule.

Tracey Welsh

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I attended a group event at the Red Mountain Resort but will take advantage of every opportunity in the future to return. There is a large range of activities for both men and women and the area, with guided hikes available is incredibly beautiful. The landscape changes as the sun moves across the sky and the views in all directions are breathtaking. The spa offers a wide range of reasonably priced services with professional and friendly staff. All staff are highly professional, friendly, and helpful. My package included three meals a day at the Canyon Breeze, their on site restaurant, and each meal was exquisite. I will return as soon as I can.

Room Tip: They offer "mountain view" rooms as an option. I did not have one but you really don'...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Elizabeth H
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you so very much for your kind words. We do look forward to having you join us again!
Tracey Welsh

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I bought a deal on living social after hearing about this place from a colleague. I invited my sister to make it a New Year's sister get-a-way. I decided ahead of time to upgrade to a villa. The two queen villa was spacious with a beautiful bathroom with a stone and glass shower and separate whirlpool tub. The robes are gloriously fuzzy and warm and cozy. There was a beautiful fireplace and large flatscreen TV. You can rent DVDs from the guest registration area if you want a cozy night in with your favorite flick. Housekeeping could have been better as we ran out of toilet paper twice, had no coffee pot, and when we asked for a coffee pot the one brought was dirty with burnt coffe in the pot and a dirty coffee grain filter area. Other than that, the room was spotless and housekeeping even left wine glasses when they noticed we bought wine.

Now enough of that! The real star of the show at Red Mountain is the landscape and what lies within it. Whether you choose to do a guided hike, a morning meditation among the red rocks, horseback riding, or any other adventure... you are guaranteed to have an amazing experience and feel inspired. You might also feel darn proud of yourself! The guides have a way of adapting to your fitness level and makng you feel fulfilled and proud whether you are running an endurance trail or huffing and puffing up a petrified sand dune. I was inspired seeing a range of adrenaline junkies to very novice outdoor adventurers all sharing excitement and enthusiasm for the beauty and adventure and all being able to find something that fit their fitness level. The guides seem to magically show you things you thought you would never see and help you climb things you would think would take forever but still have you back by 11 am so you can make your spa treatment, yoga class or just dig in to lunch right away!

Finally, the food is fabulous!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Ronda S
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Hello Ronda S,
Thank you for your review of Red Mountain Resort, and I am glad to read that you had fun hiking and meeting other guests. I do apologize the for the housekeeping oversights, and we will reach out to you to discuss further.

Happy Healthy New Year! Tracey Welsh

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My sister took me to Red Mountain for my 50th birthday this past spring and what a terrific gift! The food was incredible, the staff friendly and encouraging and genuine. We stayed in a villa double queen suite overlooking the second pool and it was lovely. Our only quibble? The housekeeping was lackadaisical at best. There is a huge variety of activities to choose from every day - truly something for everyone. A wonderful mix of relaxation and exercise - have been recommending it to all female colleagues and friends. Would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: The villas are a little farther from the action, but really lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mallory2

Dear Mallory

What a wonderful sister, and Happy Birthday to you! I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we will get the honor of your return. I do apologize for our housekeeping oversights and if you would like to discuss them further, I would be happy to contact you. Feel free to email me directly at twelsh@redmtn.com.

Happy Healthy New Year - Tracey Welsh

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This destination resort spa ranks very high on the list when it comes to value for the dollar.
The resort is newer and kept clean, the rooms could use a little updating but are just fine for the price. The staff is very friendly and professional. Try having lunch with one of the many featured practitioners at the group table, and sign up for a session if you think it can be beneficial too you. I had a chance to speak with the Rakie healer Bud in his off time, he is a very good person that had many good things to say to me, I bet his healing sessions are awesom.
The spa is a dome shaped building filled with all the spa treatments you could ask for, every treatment I had was great. This is the place to stay if you like hiking, they offer many levels as well as mountain biking. This is also a good place to have a girls get away or just come solo to relax and repair, body and soul. Enjoy !

Room Tip: Dragon Fly solo for the value. Villa for a splurge.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Brian45992
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

We are delighted that you found a good value at Red Mountain Resort, and we hope to see you in the future. I am glad that you mentioned "Lunch with a Professional" as it is a great way to have your questions answered before committing to a treatment or experience. Tracey Welsh

Reviewed December 1, 2012

This was my first trip to the all inclusive Red Mountain Resort. It turned out to be an interesting (and great!) vacation. I flew into Las Vegas and drove up to St George, UT. I expected the drive to be boring but it was nothing less than spectacular. The highway passes through a river gorge which is breathtaking and worth the 1.5 hour drive. The resort is nestled in the foot of Snow Canyon and the vistas are wonderful. I spent a week hiking and climbing, doing yoga, zumba, stretch classes, life coach sessions, meditation, astonomy class, and many more interesting sessions. It was exactly the type of vacation that I badly needed! It is perfect for the solo traveler as you can choose to sit at the "community table" for dinner every evening. The food was great and plentiful. I made some great friends there and plan on returning soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank TravelingGirl52
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Hello Traveling Girl, and thank you for writing your review. I am glad that you mentioned the drive from Las Vegas, as I think it is truly spectacular, and a great way to unwind from travel to get ready for a healthy get-away. We are always putting new activities on our schedule, and I hope that we will see you again soon. Have Happy Holidays, Tracey Welsh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivins
Inn on the Cliff
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites St. George
The Inn at Entrada
The Inn at Entrada
#1 of 43 in St. George

Been to Red Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!