“Great Healthy Adult Resort!!”

Red Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ivins
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Number one, this is an adult only resort, which was great. No screaming kids and everyone seemed relaxed and enjoyed their time here.

Second, the staff seemed genuinely concerned about service at this resort and went out of the way to ensure it was top notch. Specifically, Wendy was an outstanding server in the restaurant. By the third day, we requested to sit only where she was serving tables. On the hikes, we really had a great time with Kerry, but be careful! She wants you to sign up for the endurance hike, so she can punish you...

Truly, the guides seem to know just how to work with the group to get them through hikes making it enjoyalble for all levels of ability. The puppy hike was neat, but don't expect it to be a hike. It's about a mile walk with the dogs, which was great, but not a hike. Also, if the shelter doesn't have enough dogs, all may not get a dog to walk.

If you want the best experience, spend a little extra and book a villa. These are awesome rooms, and the views are super. Such a peaceful and relaxing few days, enjoy it! We visited the spa, and we would do more next visit. One woman on our puppy walk said that she was surprised at the spa massages. She said that she now realizes how bad all of the massages she had in the past have been.... Not much better testimony than that. Ours were great.

The food at the resort is mostly healthy. If you want to eat unhealthy, it is there, too. Dinner meals were awesome. The breakfast and lunch are served buffet style, which works great to get everyone to their respective hikes and classes. Cooking classes are short and to the point, so you won't waste a lot of time there. But, you will get the idea.

Enjoy the food, fitness, and relaxation!

Room Tip: Book a Villa!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank COBB64
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear COBB64,

Kerri will love your review, and I will be sure to pass it along to her. She, like many of our guides work hard to give our guests the best experience possible. Thanks for taking the time to write, and add your comment about our massage therapists. We hope that we will see you in the future, so that Kerri can challenge you again!

Tracey Welsh

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I'm about to make my annual trek to RMR and Spa. I turned on a few co-workers to this beautiful destination as well. It's not a sit by the pool and have cocktails sort of place but rather a place to connect with yourself. The focus is on mental health and fitness. I enjoyed just taking my camera out and snapping away. If you prefer to travel on your own, this is the place to come do that as well. Average age is from mid 20's to some in their 60's and 70's. This is not far from the ranch where the biggest loser is shot so you do share the trails with those folks as well. Not cheap, so use your airline miles and check out their specials.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I came here one year ago with my husband and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The setting is spectacular, being nearby to snow canyon and the villa room we stayed in was very spacious and comfortable. There are plenty of activities, and the morning hikes available at three different levels accommodate a variety of different visitors, which accounts for the diversity of travelers - everyone from couples to younger and older groups of friends.

As very discerning travelers, the only reason why we wouldn't give this place four stars is for the food. Healthy and full of variety, but not as tasty as we would have liked. The spa was also good, but not the BEST experience we've had. And, upon checkout we ran into a mixup/confusion at the front desk over some of our billing charges, but this was quickly resolved.

Overall a great value. In fact, I'm planning to go there again tomorrow, this time with my mom. My only concern is after reading rcasey's review, i realize that we may need to upgrade back to a villa....

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dailln4n4
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Because I had a wonderful experience. The resort hit all the notes that make a great song for me--a beautiful and peaceful setting, a room with an ambience of luxury, great hiking, a pool, delicious and healthy food, grounds that were aesthetically pleasing and well-maintained that included little nooks for quiet reflection, a lovely spa with many choices, very friendly staff, hammocks everywhere. It was just lovely.

• Stayed: September 2012
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you AKRedhead for writing about your visit to Red Mountain Resort. I love the methaphor that your stay was like a song. With so many disciplines in one location, we work hard to work as a team in harmony. I hope you'll join us in the future. Warm regards, Tracey Welsh

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My friend and I are lap swimmers and selected RMR for our 8 night stay based on two things: its many good reviews and the website's home page picture of the nice lap pool. We were, however, shocked upon our arrival to learn that only people who stay in the "villas" are allowed to use the biggest and best lap pool. I'd flown 2k miles to swim in that pool!! Now, we were fortunate that the front desk staff were very gracious and helpful and gave us a key to the Villa pool because there were not many guests staying in the villas during our visit (and in fact some days we were the only ones at the pool). But if you care about swimming in that particular pool (the other outdoor pool is fine but not as long and no lane marks at ends of pool), you should contact the resort prior to booking to make sure you will be able to swim there. I realize that most people who go to this area are into hiking, seeing Mt. Zion, and so the other two pools are probably fine for them. All in all we had a great time and I echo others' comments about the variety of available activities and classes, the healthy food and the friendliness of the staff and instructors. I'd go back again if I lived closer (though 8 nights was a bit too long). We particularly enjoyed riding bikes to Snow Canyon and seeing Mt. Zion Nat'l Park. And of course we liked swimming in the Villa pool. Some folks mentioned the a/c being too cold. Our a/c was adjustable and at night we turned it off and slept with the windows open.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Turtle Bldg and liked it. Spring for the mountain view...you'll be glad you di...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank rcasey
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed at Red Mountain Resort for a week with a friend as a relaxing but heathy spa getaway. This was my first spa trip. What appealed to me about RMR was the spectacular location next to Snow Canyon State Park in Ivins, UT. One can walk off the property onto the state park. Each morning are guided hikes, divided by rigor, in which the guides show you the local flora and geological kaleidoscopia surrounding RMR. This was my favorite part of the day. Fitness classes, including several branded ones such as Zumba, Drums Alive, TRX, completed the schedule. Food was ample, healthy, and tasty. Any menu with elk and fish special is ok by me. Rooms are basic but comfortable- good linens and bathing potions negate a noisy AC for me. Service outstanding.

Room Tip: Don't bother with mountain view room as the windows are small and you won't spend much time...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank cbmd
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent Red Mountain Resort visit. I am always thrilled when I read about the relaxation that our guests experience, especially those who are enjoying their first spa and wellness getaway. We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here 4 nites while we prepared our new home in Kayenta. This place, which has always been great, now allows guests to select activities al a carte rather than the full monty so we just needed the room for sleeping and breakfast although we had dinner several times and would have hiked but for a rain storm. The food is amazing epically when you realize its so healthy. The sheet of activities ran for several single spaced pages so there is something for everyone. the rooms are not 5 star but your here for the outside beauty and the activities.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Tedandtre

Thank you for your review, and it's great to get to know our Kayenta neighbors. I hope that as you have people visit your new home, you think of us for their accomodations. And, Canyon Breeze is open to the public for dining. We hope to see you often!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivins
Inn on the Cliff
#13 of 43 in St. George
The Inn at Entrada
The Inn at Entrada
#1 of 43 in St. George

Been to Red Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!