Red Mountain Resort
The Inn at Entrada(St. George)
$159
$154
$40
Best Western Coral Hills(St. George)(Great Value!)
$90
Hotels.com
Inn on the Cliff(St. George)(Great Value!)
Dixie Palms Motel(St. George)(Great Value!)
$65
$58
$53
Best Western Travel Inn(St. George)(Great Value!)
$86
Sands Motel(St. George)
$41
$40
1,042 results
All reviewsspa treatmentsfitness classescommunity tabletai chisnow canyon state parkstretch classessteam roommorning hikeactive vacationking villaweight lossgreat hikingrented a cargeorge airporthorseback ridingbuffet stylelas vegas
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed at Red Mountain Resort for a week with a friend as a relaxing but heathy spa getaway. This was my first spa trip. What appealed to me about RMR was the spectacular location next to Snow Canyon State Park in Ivins, UT. One can walk off the property onto the state park. Each morning are guided hikes, divided by rigor, in which the guides show you the local flora and geological kaleidoscopia surrounding RMR. This was my favorite part of the day. Fitness classes, including several branded ones such as Zumba, Drums Alive, TRX, completed the schedule. Food was ample, healthy, and tasty. Any menu with elk and fish special is ok by me. Rooms are basic but comfortable- good linens and bathing potions negate a noisy AC for me. Service outstanding.

Room Tip: Don't bother with mountain view room as the windows are small and you won't spend much time there anyway. There are many seating areas (hammocks, chaises) scattered on lawns for soaking in the view at leisure.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank cbmd
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent Red Mountain Resort visit. I am always thrilled when I read about the relaxation that our guests experience, especially those who are enjoying their first spa and wellness getaway. We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here 4 nites while we prepared our new home in Kayenta. This place, which has always been great, now allows guests to select activities al a carte rather than the full monty so we just needed the room for sleeping and breakfast although we had dinner several times and would have hiked but for a rain storm. The food is amazing epically when you realize its so healthy. The sheet of activities ran for several single spaced pages so there is something for everyone. the rooms are not 5 star but your here for the outside beauty and the activities.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Tedandtre

Thank you for your review, and it's great to get to know our Kayenta neighbors. I hope that as you have people visit your new home, you think of us for their accomodations. And, Canyon Breeze is open to the public for dining. We hope to see you often!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I need to start this review by saying that we made a mistake by choosing to stay here for an overnight stop on the first night of a road trip. We wanted to have a special experience at a nice place to get our trip started well. This is not the kind of place to come for one night, as the rooms are not good at all. I am sure that the activities and classes are wonderful and the property is in a gorgeous (!!!) setting but the room, well, the room was terrible.

The room is so small that aside from the bed and desk, there is very small strip (maybe 1.5 feet wide) in which to walk to the bathroom. Certainly no room for a dog bed at all. The hotel put a dog bed and a bag of goodies for the dog in the room which was a nice touch but the bed was not big enough for our dog. We brought our own in but had to put it under the desk for lack of room! Truly the smallest hotel room I have seen.

The air conditioning wall unit is about a foot from the bed due to the size of the room. It just blew cold air on us intermittenly throughout the night. The bed was not comfortable and we had a terrible night's sleep. Additionally, the wooden blinds over the windows were taped shut which still did not stop the light from getting in. A hotel room should be dark and this one was not at all.

We enjoyed our dinner in the dining room but the breakfast buffet was not good for us. Lots of options but did not seem fresh at all.

All that said, the location is incredible. We did take some time to explore the park before we left and I definitely recommend that. Even in the hot summer, driving through the park was a great way to experience the beauty of the area and we would return to explore the park on foot.

As I said before, we did make a mistake by trying to stay at this type of place for just one night and without time to experience the resort offerings. However, for the very high price of the room, we expected so much more. The scenery and the dinner are the only reasons why I did not give this resort the lowest score possible. I was further disappointed by Red Mountain Resort after receiving an email survey from them following my stay. I took the time to fill it out and even marked "yes" to the question asking if they could follow up with me regarding my comments. It has been two weeks and I have heard nothing from them which I think is just simply lazy and apathetic customer service. Clearly my experience is not worth their time. Why ask if you are not going to follow up? Made the whole thing even worse. There are so many reasonably priced lodging options so I will definitely stay somewhere else next time I visit this beautiful area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank om_sweet_om
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Om Sweet Om,

I am truly sorry that you were disappointed in your stay at Red Mountain Resort. Indeed I wish that you could have stayed longer to experience more of what we had to offer. However, we should have made sure that you were comfortable with your accomodations and followed up with you as we promised. Please feel free to email me directly with your contact information and I would be happy to discuss this further. twelsh@redmtn.com

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights and I am a return visitor - 50th birthday gift from my husband. There are lots of healthy activities - hikes, classes, spa etc. They also have an amazing indoor pool. A great place to recharge and relax. The food was great and they focus on healthy cooking and offer cooking classes. The resort is very laid back and guests friendly - they have a "community table" that you can sign up for to eat dinner with other single travelers which is a great way to meet people. It is perfect for girls/boys outing or couples retreat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jazzybluem
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Happy Milestone Birthday! So glad that you spent it with Red Mountain Resort. Thanks for your kind words, and give our best to your very wise husband.

Tracey Welsh

Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I learned about Red Mountain from an emailed travel deal. He had never been to the southwestern US and wanted to checkout the desert. I wanted to check out the spa! We were very pleasantly rewarded by our curiousity! We booked the all inclusive rate, which included three meals, morning hikes, some of the fitness center classes, some excursions, and even star gazing "tours." I enjoyed the t'ai chi on the rocks in the desert at sunset, woke up for the morning hike, water aerobics, stretching, and an all day hike out in Zion National Park with one of the resort's guides. I did not miss the spa, and would highly recommend their Adobe Lavender Hydrating Cocoon with the optional massage add on. I also enjoyed a spa pedicure when my Yoga on the rocks at sunset excursion was rained out. The hikes are great and their hiking guides are interesting and knowledgeable. Their spa employees are professional and emote a relaxing vibe. The facilities and accommodations are clean, well maintained, and modern further contributing to the calming tranquility that surrounds you at this resort.

I was more than impressed by their guest focus and delivery of exquisite service. Before we left for the airport to return home (on their complementary airport shuttle service) we enjoyed our last lunch in their fabulous restaurant. When I arrived at the airport I realized I had left my purse in the dining room. I called the resort and they confirmed that they had it. The manager himself drove it out to me at the airport thirty minutes away! I am very grateful to them for the way they handled my predicament. It truly shows how they go the extra mile to ensure a positive guest experience, literally.

Room Tip: We chose to skimp on the room so we could splurge on the spa and extras. We were very happy with our accommodations. Not once did we feel like we chose poorly. The room was convenient and centrally located, near the restaurant, fitness center, pools, meeting point for excursions, etc. The only thing that the room did not offer was a view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kittycraddock
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Kitty,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Red Mountain Resort, and we hope that you will be a returning guest in the future. It was our pleasure to serve you, and glad that we were able to get your your purse on time! Tracey Welsh, General Manager