“Quality theaterr in God's country!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Ivins
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Outdoor theater presenting music, plays and other cultural works.
Clearfield, Utah
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Quality theaterr in God's country!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I took our 6 year-old granddaughter to see Mary Poppins this year. The location for the complex is fabulous! Red rock on both sides, come evening you are shaded by the canyon walls. The staging and acting were first-rate.

They have warm-up acts at a side venue by some of the students at the high school attached to the Center. They were talented and enthusiastic!

They offer a meal at the school cafeteria. I probably won't do that again as I work at a school and have had enough cafeteria food to last a lifetime.

Other than the meal, everything was great.

The show went late for a 6 year-old but would be fine for youth and adults.

Two thumbs up!!!

Visited July 2013

Draper, Utah
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 921 helpful votes
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was my first trip to Ivins to the Tuacahn Amphitheatre. Why did I wait so long? We saw Mary Poppins and felt that this was a awesome. My only regret is that I didn't bring my kids for this one. Very talented cast. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The drive from St. George to Tuacahn was great too -- my wife loved the rock rocks and the scenary. The walk from the parking lot to the theater was nice too -- a small river running through the middle of the parking lot. I am a large person (6'4" and over 300 pounds) but I was able to fit in the seats just fine. I sat fairly close to the stage, but every seat is a good seat. The acting, sound, lighting, costumes and the bonus fireworks were fantastic. This is a very professional theater. My wife and I are already trying to plan to come back as soon as we can.

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Why haven't I gone here before?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Bravo! Nice venue, awesome stage, amazing backdrop! Can't say enough of the musical, Thoroughly Modern Milllie! Such a talented, talented cast!! No bad seat in the house. We sat in row u in the center, perfect to see everything on the stage. Fireworks were a great surprise. Weather was perfect. Loved being outdoors seeing a show and stars in the sky. Go see it, or any of the shows- which I will, and make it a tradition to come out every year! Here's the best compliment... My 14 year old son enjoyed it! Yes, that's true!

1 Thank Carolynchase13
Daytona Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“AWESOME!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We saw Andrew Lloyd Weber's Starlight Express! The production was wonderful, the actors great and the venue is spectacular! The seats were comfortable and you could see everything. For an outdoor ampitheatre you might think you would need to worry but...No BUGS! I would love to go back!

Naples, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Broadway, eat your heart out !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Once you see this place, you will fall in love with it. The musical productions are better than you will likely see on Broadway. We flew across the country just to see all 4 shows in one weekend. They have a partnership with Disney to bring never seen productions to stage, The outdoor theater seats about 2000 and there isn't a bad seat. If you go in October, be sure to bring a blanket (or 2) as it get mighty chilly under the stars in Snow Canyon!

Looking forward to next season's Joseph, Wizard of Oz, and an encore return of Disney's The Little Mermaid (new & improved if that's possible)!