“Very special place in”

Xetava Gardens Cafe
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Ivins
Cuisines: Healthy, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Locally owned cafe in the heart of the Kayenta Art Village. Specializing in local, grass fed beef, full espresso bar, wine and beer, and an eclectic menu. Patio seating available with incredible views, a menu that has something for everyone, including many gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan options.
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Xetava is a must stop for foodies in Southern Utah. We are from Park City where great restaurants are plentiful and since we frequent Southern Utah to escape the cold often we are very happy to have found this gem in the desert.. Dining at Xetava has never disappointed.

On our most recent visit, we were able to enjoy Hawaiian Barracuda flown in for the weekend, It is was incredible. We also shared the pan seared duck entree, and both the special mussels appetizer and soft shell crab appetizer. Everything was excellent. On this occasion we also brought a great bottle of wine. Our server Ryan easily convinced us with his knowledge and enthusiasm to try the special wines selected to go with the meal by the glass. Needless to say, we never opened our wine, and paired each course with his recommendations right through dessert.

The place is warm and friendly and located in a very cool community that is worth the visit alone. I can see why reservations are also recommended.

Highly recommended.

3  Thank UtahWineLover

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I've taken all my friends to Xetava, and they are now regulars. Whenever a mailing list email from Xetava for the special of the weekend, at least one of them brings it up. I also have to be careful not to leave someone behind as they will jokingly give me a hard time for not inviting them. This is one of the few high quality places that i can eat in St George where everyone in the group will be beyond satisfied. I have been to almost all the restaurants in St George and Xetava is deserving of a spot on top. It's got the rare triple combo of: Location, Ambiance, and Great Food.

3  Thank StGeorge1
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Xetava has been around a long time and it keeps improving. It's been through it share of growing pains only to come out stronger then ever. A while back they remodeled and built out a new kitchen then they just recently added some more indoor seating. The management appreciates feedback and does it's best to satisfy everyone (at least us reasonable people). They source their beef from very good producers. It's not cheap when i purchased some from that same farm. It's nice not to worry about having rare or medium rare meat since its grazed meat. And there is no comparison to other local places in the burger flavor. The last couple weeks they just started getting in fresh caught fish from Hawaii which must not be easy.

1  Thank StGeorge1
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Still the best restaurant in Southern Utah that I've ever been to, period; and I've been to every single one at least once. I have easily spent over $2,000 at this restaurant and I am in no danger of stopping. Every time I come here I never fail to enjoy the experience. On my most recent visit, they had a pan-seared duck option available and it was one of the most delicious eating experiences I have ever had. They often get special menu items in (usually ever week), recently they have had barracuda and kajiki available. Their regular menu items are also of the highest quality, for example I never fail to enjoy any of their uniquely-crafted burgers. On top of that, they have a selection of excellent quality beers brewed here in Utah that go great with the burgers and most other menu items as well. The house salad is also a must-have.

If you don't make a visit here at least once you are denying yourself one of the most exquisite food experiences that Southern Utah has to offer. Even their breakfast and lunch menus are unmatched by any other place I've tried.

It sounds fancy on paper, but it's actually super casual! Which makes it all the better. Don't deny yourself this treat.

3  Thank JD E