“Clean with Great Beds!”
Review of EconoLodge

EconoLodge
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hurricane
Reviewed February 20, 2007

I recently booked this property for my family as a last resort! The St. George Parade of Homes made anything closer to St George impossible. Although this property's curb appeal is reminisent of the1970's travel lodges, the interiors were simply furnished with modern decor and new bed spreads, artwork and furnishings and a rather large new TV . Our King bed seemed to be very new and very comfortable. One of the best beds I have ever slept on in a motel!
Upon arrival the vanity light was burned out, but while we were at dinner, it was promptly repaired. The staff seemed attentive and friendly. The room was clean and the fridge and microwave sparkling.
The street noise was a bit loud as the street is the main drag through town. The property was quiet after 10 pm even though there was a little league baseball tourniment in town and at least one team was also staying there.
We didn't try the breakfast because we had already spotted the Krispy Kream donuts accross the street and" Perks", the local latte drive through just down the street. So we cannot comment on the breakfast.
The outdoor pool was small but clean and warm on the mid February evenings! My son and I enjoyed our swim under the stars! All in all a good value for the money!

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank sweetgifter

Reviewed August 21, 2006

A reasonable room and clean bedding. Good facilities in the room. The continental breakfast was a joke so forget it! Bag of cheap white bread, a tub of margarine and some jam. Motel is handy for Zion national park which we were visiting.

1  Thank Jeffrey W
Reviewed July 7, 2006

This has the lowest curb appeal of the 5 motels in town, but the rooms are good sized, clean, quiet, and a great deal. Plan on getting breakfast somewhere. The breakfast is insulting and not even worth checking out. The review stating the bread and jam was accurate. This place could get a costco membership and get some bagels or something and it will get consistent 4 stars (for a motel).

So, forget about the breakfast and this is a great stay.

Note to Zion travelers: Hurricane is great for a stayover when touring the parks, but not a great place to set up a 2-3 night "base camp". If you want convenience and need to go back to your room mid-day, stay in Springdale.

• Stayed: July 2006
Reviewed August 15, 2005

This is not a luxury hotel, but we found it to be clean and comfortable, and the total price for our two night stay was less than the cost of any other one night on our Utah vacation. Our non-smoking room was wonderfully odor-free. It had a small refrigerator, allowing us to stockpile cold drinks for our day trips to Zion, which is about 20-25 minutes away and VERY hot in August. We didn't hear any street noise or neighbors except for a few movements upstairs, but the air-conditioner had a uniform hum that might have drowned out other sounds. The hotel has a computer with internet in the lobby for guests to use in the morning or evening, and I think they have wireless internet available as well. We didn't really try the pool, and the free continental breakfast didn't really appeal to us. I would definitely stay here again or recommend it to a friend, although next time I might request an upper (2nd) floor room.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank pumpkinseed
A TripAdvisor Member
Orem, UT
Reviewed August 14, 2005

Stayed here for one night only. Not bad of a hotel room for 40 bucks a night. We had a small fridge - it was great. The only caution I have is to watch out for roaches. When we first got into the room, it had been cleaned my housekeep just recent because they were in the next room cleaning. I went to use the toilet facilities and there was a roach on the bathroom floor. It was on its back and was moving its legs. I scooped it up using one of the plastic cups and threw it in the toilet bowl. It was gross. I was so paranoid after that, thinking there were more roaches around in the room. Other than that, the room was fine for one night. The continental breakfast though, needs a lot of help. We had brought our own food which was good after seeing the loaf of bread and jam they gave out at the front desk for breakfast. What happened to bagels or muffins and lots of fruit?? So, Pack your own breakfast or go eat out!

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 11, 2004

I stayed at this place on my way to the North Rim on (09/07/04). The price was cheap enough for sure, but when I stepped into the room the first thing I noticed was that the floor hadn't been vacuumed. There were food crumbs all over it, and it looked as if it hadn't been done in a long time. Then after washing my hands I went to grab a towel, it was either so stained or so dirty that I could not believe that anyone would hang it up to be used. All of the linens here were either very old and grey or weren't clean to start with. This is not a place I would ever stay again or would recommend to anyone else, its just not up to American standards. I think maybe the people running this motel don't understand what that means?

3  Thank objective1
A TripAdvisor Member
New York, NY
Reviewed September 9, 2004

I stayed with my family in this motel on my way to Zion National Park. Although this lodging is further away from the park, it is well worth a stay, since it's on your way, and is fairly cheap, while nicer than average motels.

The room was spacious, well appointed, nice and clean. The only reason they don't get five stars is that the pool was not 100% clean.

If you need a bargain, I also found that the best rate is on travelodge. and it was significantly lower than the other sites (Orbitz/Expedia).

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurricane
Wingate by Wyndham Hurricane Near Zion National Park
Quality Inn Zion Park Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites La Verkin - Gateway to Zion
Best Western Plus Zion West Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites at Zion Park / Springdale
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#4 of 6 in Hurricane

Been to EconoLodge? Share your experiences!