“Perfectly fine for the price!”
Review of EconoLodge

EconoLodge
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hurricane
Reviewed April 28, 2010

This is your basic no-frills motel, but you know that when you book a Travelodge for $42 a night. The wifi was good, which is the main reason I give 4 stars (I can't stand a hotel with crappy wifi). The beds were only ok, but the room was spacious with a desk, and no one bothered us at all during our stay. The woman at reception was nice, and the breakfast was what I've come to expect from roadside motels (as everyone else said - just toast, coffee, juice, but it's something). If you're expecting more I would pay more for a hotel with hot breakfast. It's close to restaurants, grocery and convenience stores. Overall it was a pleasant stay outside Zion, and I would come back.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kitwhelan

Reviewed November 20, 2009

We wanted somewhere nearish to Zion National Park - about 27 miles from here (we'd come from Bryce national Park)
It didn't bode well when I arrived at 7pm and found the door to the hotel locked. But we booked for two nights (having driven as far as we were going to that day) and went to our room.
It had all the things you'd expect - a big bed, a TV, coffee maker, fridge, microwave, desk.

But the headboard was set up for a smaller bed - so there were electric sockets behind one of the pillows. The next day daylight revelad holes in the curtains. There were nails sticking out of the wooden surround of the door. The plumbing was incredibly noisy.

There is a guest 'laundry' (one washer, one dryer outside - $2.50 each, twice the price I've paid previously, but it did get dry in one go).

Breakfast was juice, coffee, cheap nasty 'value bread' to put in the toaster, and fruit loops.

On the plus side the bed was comfy, the room was clean and the wifi was fairly quick (useful when you are uploading to flickr every evening!)
It's a very short walk to several fast food chains - pizza, taco, etc.
My 'not recommend' isn't particularly because it was bad, but because it wasn't good.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JacqiB
Reviewed June 18, 2009

Okay, the price was right. There was a usable pool and hot tub. The teens used the hot tub both nights and seemed to enjoy it. In another review, one person called the place "retro", but with the pool and hot tub out in the parking lot overlooking the street, I would say the place is all 1950's original. Other reviewers warned us about the "breakfast", but I did not believe it until I saw it. An old guest room had been changed into the breakfast room; there was only seating for 12 people. They had two kinds of cereal, juice, a few English muffins, a loaf of bread and toasters that did not work! You need a lot of bread to prepare you to hike through Zion National Park. The room slept 4, but we were only given three very thin towels, and there were no pool towels. Oh well, the towel bar in the bathroom was broken, so there was no place to hang them anyway.
I guess I have to say I would recommend the place, as it was pretty clean and there were no bugs, etc. But it is minimal!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank hockeymom75
Reviewed May 30, 2009

We stayed one night in this Travelodge.
When we checked in, we asked the manager if there was a free guest-computer. The answer was yes.
Later that day we used the computer for about 45 minutes, when the wife of the manager told us that she would charge $2 per 30 minutes.
To make a long story short: these people are cheaters, they promise you free internet and charge later on. They're also very rude, and impolite.
Definitely would nobody recommend staying in their noisy, unfriendly motel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelerinUSA
Reviewed May 25, 2009

My mother and I stayed here for 3 nights on our vacation to Zion National Park. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading some of the reviews here, but I was pleasantly surprised. We didn't use the pool or try the continental breakfast, so I can't speak to those, but the room was clean and comfortable, the service was friendly and the price was great. As for location, it was about a half hour drive to Zion, but we knew that before making the reservations and the drive is beautiful. The Travelodge is located right on the main highway through Hurricane, so it was very easy to find. And Hurricane has plenty of fast food and Lin's grocery store has wonderful donuts! We found the Travelodge a great place to stay and would definately go back.

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed April 22, 2009

We would like to stay for 1 night and as I tried to sleep the bedlinen moved and the hole mattress was with fleas and other insects. Certainly my boyfriend checked his bed and it was exactly the same. We moved all our belongings and moved to the receiptionist. She would have given as a different room - unfortunately the whole hotel didn't have water - maybe again in the morning. This was it - I requested a different hotel and was fortunately removed to the Rodeway Inn - were I took I long shower to remove all insects - just disgusting. I never had such bad experiences in a hotel in my whole life and I am travelling a lot.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravellerGermany9
Reviewed April 19, 2009

We stayed there a couple nights, the website is completely dishonest. They made the pool look huge but when we got there I mistook it as a hot-tub but no the hot-tub was right next to it. And it was in the middle of the parking lot close to the street.
The teal/turquoise doors were cool, I liked the retro. But the bedding kept slipping off from beneath us and it just wasn't very good.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank maurine3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurricane
Quality Inn Zion Park Area
#15 of 16 in Springdale
Quality Inn at Zion Park
Quality Inn at Zion Park
#13 of 16 in Springdale

Been to EconoLodge? Share your experiences!