We wanted somewhere nearish to Zion National Park - about 27 miles from here (we'd come from Bryce national Park)
It didn't bode well when I arrived at 7pm and found the door to the hotel locked. But we booked for two nights (having driven as far as we were going to that day) and went to our room.
It had all the things you'd expect - a big bed, a TV, coffee maker, fridge, microwave, desk.
But the headboard was set up for a smaller bed - so there were electric sockets behind one of the pillows. The next day daylight revelad holes in the curtains. There were nails sticking out of the wooden surround of the door. The plumbing was incredibly noisy.
There is a guest 'laundry' (one washer, one dryer outside - $2.50 each, twice the price I've paid previously, but it did get dry in one go).
Breakfast was juice, coffee, cheap nasty 'value bread' to put in the toaster, and fruit loops.
On the plus side the bed was comfy, the room was clean and the wifi was fairly quick (useful when you are uploading to flickr every evening!)
It's a very short walk to several fast food chains - pizza, taco, etc.
My 'not recommend' isn't particularly because it was bad, but because it wasn't good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zion National Park is just 19 miles from the Econo Lodge in Hurricane, Utah. Our location in the downtown area of Hurricane places us within walking distance to many major restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your EconoLodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Hurricane Zion National Park Area Hotel Hurricane
- Travel Lodge Hurricane
- Hurricane Travelodge
- Hurricane Travel Lodge
- EconoLodge Hurricane, Utah