“Completely satisfied”

EconoLodge
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hurricane
“Completely satisfied”
Reviewed August 15, 2005

This is not a luxury hotel, but we found it to be clean and comfortable, and the total price for our two night stay was less than the cost of any other one night on our Utah vacation. Our non-smoking room was wonderfully odor-free. It had a small refrigerator, allowing us to stockpile cold drinks for our day trips to Zion, which is about 20-25 minutes away and VERY hot in August. We didn't hear any street noise or neighbors except for a few movements upstairs, but the air-conditioner had a uniform hum that might have drowned out other sounds. The hotel has a computer with internet in the lobby for guests to use in the morning or evening, and I think they have wireless internet available as well. We didn't really try the pool, and the free continental breakfast didn't really appeal to us. I would definitely stay here again or recommend it to a friend, although next time I might request an upper (2nd) floor room.

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank pumpkinseed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 14, 2005

Stayed here for one night only. Not bad of a hotel room for 40 bucks a night. We had a small fridge - it was great. The only caution I have is to watch out for roaches. When we first got into the room, it had been cleaned my housekeep just recent because they were in the next room cleaning. I went to use the toilet facilities and there was a roach on the bathroom floor. It was on its back and was moving its legs. I scooped it up using one of the plastic cups and threw it in the toilet bowl. It was gross. I was so paranoid after that, thinking there were more roaches around in the room. Other than that, the room was fine for one night. The continental breakfast though, needs a lot of help. We had brought our own food which was good after seeing the loaf of bread and jam they gave out at the front desk for breakfast. What happened to bagels or muffins and lots of fruit?? So, Pack your own breakfast or go eat out!

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Concord, CA
Reviewed September 11, 2004

I stayed at this place on my way to the North Rim on (09/07/04). The price was cheap enough for sure, but when I stepped into the room the first thing I noticed was that the floor hadn't been vacuumed. There were food crumbs all over it, and it looked as if it hadn't been done in a long time. Then after washing my hands I went to grab a towel, it was either so stained or so dirty that I could not believe that anyone would hang it up to be used. All of the linens here were either very old and grey or weren't clean to start with. This is not a place I would ever stay again or would recommend to anyone else, its just not up to American standards. I think maybe the people running this motel don't understand what that means?

3 Thank objective1
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 9, 2004

I stayed with my family in this motel on my way to Zion National Park. Although this lodging is further away from the park, it is well worth a stay, since it's on your way, and is fairly cheap, while nicer than average motels.

The room was spacious, well appointed, nice and clean. The only reason they don't get five stars is that the pool was not 100% clean.

If you need a bargain, I also found that the best rate is on travelodge. and it was significantly lower than the other sites (Orbitz/Expedia).

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 19, 2004

Certainly your basic older roadside motel, with exterior corridors, but the rooms are set back from the highway so it's nice and quiet. Rooms are spacious and clean. A great value for the money.

2 Thank dsc434232
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurricane
Wingate by Wyndham Hurricane Near Zion National Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites La Verkin - Gateway to Zion
Quality Inn Zion Park Area
Best Western Plus Zion West Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites at Zion Park / Springdale
Holiday Inn Express Springdale - Zion Natl Pk Area

Been to EconoLodge? Share your experiences!