We stayed here on our first night for a 3 day trip from southern California to Zion and Las Vegas and back.
I was originally looking for a place to stay in Springdale, which is a small town right by Zion's main entrance, but decided to stay in Hurricane instead.
After careful review, I quickly learned that everything in Springdale is much more expensive, not too many fast food joints for a quick inexpensive meal. On the other hand, in Hurricane, there are McDonalds, Wendy's, Burger King, Dairy Queen, too and fitted our budget.
Travelodge seemed to be the best deal in town. Others like Days/Comfort Inn were NOT located in town. Plus it is only 30 minutes away from the main gate, and we also wanted to go to the Kolob Canyon side of Zion as well the following morning, so the location worked perfectly for our needs.
The motel itself is fine. I mean, what else do you expect? It isn't a five-star hotel?!
They have free internet, free breakfast area with only about 6 tables (nothing fancy; no yoghurt, just 2%milk, juices, coffee& tea, whole apples, bread, cereal and the waffle machine) with not so bad rooms.
And the guy at the reception was very sincere and friendly.
However, if you have a choice, I would chose a room on the second floor if you don't mind dragging your luggage upstairs for a good night sleep!!
Like your apartments or condo, if you have noisy or rather heavy residents upstairs, you will end up listening to their every move all night!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zion National Park is just 19 miles from the Econo Lodge in Hurricane, Utah. Our location in the downtown area of Hurricane places us within walking distance to many major restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your EconoLodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Hurricane Zion National Park Area Hotel Hurricane
- Travel Lodge Hurricane
- Hurricane Travelodge
- Hurricane Travel Lodge
- EconoLodge Hurricane, Utah