“room for improvement”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Hurricane
NYC
“room for improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

My son and I stayed here while visiting National Parks. Older man at the desk told me our 2nd floor room was in the middle of a long stetch of the hotel, so we carried our bags up the closest stairway. The room was all the way on the opposite end (I am a woman). He also didn't tell us anything about the breakfast which is in a very small bedroom with no air conditioning, which looks like a storeroom. There was no place for us to sit and it was very hot in there with no circulation of air. The room itself was okay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
North Royalton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

Everything was clean and comfortable. When we arrived a door latch was loose but it was repaired immediately.

They have a very nice pool and a basic breakfast.

Very good value

Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed for one night, we wanted to stay longer but the motel was busy so the rate was going to increase. I left my favorite pair of sandels in the room when we checked out and realized it that evening before dinner. I went back to the Travelodge to try to retrieve them, it took about 20 minutes but the front desk man found them, the housekeepers had already gone for the day. Thank you for taking the time. I only wish we could have stayed longer for the discount rate.

Nice, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

Having stayed there by chance a couple of years ago, we returned there for a night after a quick tour of Springdale and Rockville's tourist traps and overpriced lodging options. The room was large, clean and functional. Staff friendly and helpful. Easy enough access to Zion National Park, would use this place again for our next visit there. Great value for money. We probably don't do enough motel stays to be over it, so the vintage forecourt look is actually a bonus for us!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Booking.com messed up, and booked the wrong dates for me. But when I showed my printed confirmation the staff were very helpful and gave me a room for the booking.com rate, and cancelled the other booking without fuss.
The rooms are relatively big, and clean with a fridge and microwave. This hotel is very good value for the $50-$70 range.
There is also a pool which is small but looks clean. And plenty of fast food places and a gas station very close by.

Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

I read all the reviews of this hotel before I booked it. First I made a reservation with a killer price. We had to add another person to our room, so when I got there I told the office person. They made me move up to the double bed room. But would not give me the great price I had confirmed online. the previous reviews had mentioned this, so I was not surprised. The one lady in the office was happy, kind, sweet, the other couldnt smile if her life depended on it.. The room was clean, smelled clean and the fridge and micro were spotless. The pillows were ok, and the beds were ok. Dont bother asking for extra towels online when you book, they will not appear. The towels were very small. Bring shampoo and conditioner, I am not kidding, they have one small single use envelope of shampoo for you, I mean like a ketchup packet size. The noise was the worst, Thursday night a family came in around 11:30pm and the thumping up and down the stairs, door knocking and so on were horrible. I kept the airconditioner on just to block out the noise. In the morning the cars being locked and unlocked was just as bad. (the kind that the horn of the car honks when you lock or unlock) So, get a great price online and dont change anything, clean room. Because I read that the breakfast was worthless I didnt check it out, we also did not swim so I couldnt tell you about the pool. We will probably stay there again, just because it was clean, but I will not change any part of my reservation, so the next time I will keep my original price.

Room Tip: Book online, dont change reservation.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Klowningaround
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

The room was clean and pretty much like other Travelodge properties we have stayed in. We took a spur of the moment trip to Zion and our hotel choices were limited, but I would stay in Springdale if I were coming to see Zion NP. Much more convenient.
The staff was nice and the families who were there seemed to be enjoying the pool. Our kids are older and past the need for the pool, they enjoyed having a good Wifi connection more than anything else. :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurricane
Quality Inn Zion
#12 of 16 in Springdale
Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort
Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort
#2 of 2 in Zion National Park

Been to EconoLodge? Share your experiences!