“Clean room, stick with your reservation, noisy”
Review of EconoLodge

EconoLodge
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hurricane
Reno, Nevada
“Clean room, stick with your reservation, noisy”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I read all the reviews of this hotel before I booked it. First I made a reservation with a killer price. We had to add another person to our room, so when I got there I told the office person. They made me move up to the double bed room. But would not give me the great price I had confirmed online. the previous reviews had mentioned this, so I was not surprised. The one lady in the office was happy, kind, sweet, the other couldnt smile if her life depended on it.. The room was clean, smelled clean and the fridge and micro were spotless. The pillows were ok, and the beds were ok. Dont bother asking for extra towels online when you book, they will not appear. The towels were very small. Bring shampoo and conditioner, I am not kidding, they have one small single use envelope of shampoo for you, I mean like a ketchup packet size. The noise was the worst, Thursday night a family came in around 11:30pm and the thumping up and down the stairs, door knocking and so on were horrible. I kept the airconditioner on just to block out the noise. In the morning the cars being locked and unlocked was just as bad. (the kind that the horn of the car honks when you lock or unlock) So, get a great price online and dont change anything, clean room. Because I read that the breakfast was worthless I didnt check it out, we also did not swim so I couldnt tell you about the pool. We will probably stay there again, just because it was clean, but I will not change any part of my reservation, so the next time I will keep my original price.

Room Tip: Book online, dont change reservation.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Klowningaround

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2011

The room was clean and pretty much like other Travelodge properties we have stayed in. We took a spur of the moment trip to Zion and our hotel choices were limited, but I would stay in Springdale if I were coming to see Zion NP. Much more convenient.
The staff was nice and the families who were there seemed to be enjoying the pool. Our kids are older and past the need for the pool, they enjoyed having a good Wifi connection more than anything else. :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
American Fork, Utah
Reviewed April 19, 2011

About what we expected for the low price - subpar frills, breakfast and neighborhood, but the room was clean, the refrigerator, heating and bathroom facilities worked fine, and our kids enjoyed having the small heated pool and hot tub to themselves. The hotel wasn't crowded on the Wed. and Thurs. nights in April that we were there. I would recommend it to a family with small kids like ours who is going to Zion National Park and looking for a less expensive place to stay outside the congested areas of Springale / Rockville, etc.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
utah
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Needed to be in Hurricane just for the night, the Travelodge was a convenient location. I know the property is old, so I thought the rooms might be dirty or worse-filled with bed bugs, but we found our room to be surprisingly clean. The carpet was new, mattresses were also new looking and clean. We arrived late, slept, and left early the next day. I thought this hotel was fine for the night. There was noise from the street.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Spent five nights at the Hurricane, Utah, Travelodge. I was not impressed. Problems I encountered, listed in no particular order: I was initially given a room under a stairwell and the prospect of thumping feet made me immediately request another room. Why I was given perhaps the worst room in the near empty motel set off alarm bells in my head...Wi-Fi service is poor. Scores of dropouts. I had to go to the Macdonald's down a mile down the road several times to go online to access critical emails...I STRONGLY recommend you avoid using the Travelodge website to book a room. Go to one of many independent online sites to avoid the risk of being duped by smoke and mirrors and slights of hand...The toilet sprang a leak in the middle of my first night, flooding the bathroom and the carpeted vanity area. Motel solution was to spread out towels in the affected area and to replace them each morning. This meant I had to brush my teeth and perform other chores standing on wet towels. I've been on a nationwide road trip for the past nine months, stay in mid-range motels and hotels all around the country, and this particular motel ranks in the bottom 20%. On the plus side, the location is okay if you like lots of assorted restaurants and shops nearby, and Zion National Park is 23 miles away, the cable TV served up a large number of channels, there's a microfridge (although the freezer compartment was faulty and my ice cream bars melted), the water was hot, and the bed pretty comfortable. One of the cleaning ladies even smiled at me, a lesson to be learned by those higher up the food chain. If your primary reason for coming to this area is to visit Zion, I'd recommend you check out one of the motels in Springdale, which is situated right at the south entrance to the magnificant park.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Bed bugs, rude staff, rooms not clean at all... need I say more?

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Merced, CA
Reviewed June 30, 2010

It was a bit scarry pulling up to this vintage looking motel with street construction all around but I was not looking to spend a lot of money yet be close to Zion N.P. It turned out that the nonsmoking rooms are in a newer annex behind the vintage part of the motel. The room was clean and spacious enough for the four of us. The table was a bit wobbly and the chairs from the 80's. The TV was in a nice niche on the wall so we had plenty of room for our suitcases. The free WiFi worked great. It was so hot that we didn't use the outdoor pool but our AC worked fine. It was a walk to the pathetic breakfast but the room actually had more tables than some other motels we have stayed at lately. No one was available to check us out; we dropped our key cards in a box which then meant I had no receipt.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurricane
Wingate by Wyndham Hurricane Near Zion National Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites La Verkin - Gateway to Zion
Quality Inn Zion Park Area
Best Western Plus Zion West Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Springdale Zion National Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites at Zion Park / Springdale

Been to EconoLodge? Share your experiences!