“Still the best”

Alfredo's A Mexican Food
Ranked #7 of 36 Restaurants in Hurricane
Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

Can't go wrong. Generous portions. Ckean and friendly. Alfredo burrito huge and exceptional cccv. Vccvcc

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank mikehE9300MH

Reviewed December 29, 2016

To be fair on Christmas day, late at night, it was one of the few places open in St. George Utah. I was craving tacos, Christmas dinner was great, but I had a hankering for carne asada tacos and this place had good reviews. The corn taco shells could have and should have been toasted a little for flavor, but that place was hoping, people just like me coming in and out leaving with large bags of food. The carne asada itself was plentiful (I had the large tacos, you can also get the mini Mexican street taco version of the same food, but..."I don't like small food” -Rodney Dangerfield) and delicious, the salsa and queso (cheese) was very good. I had their red sauce, they also had a Verde sauce (which I thought could have been hotter), and Pico di Gallo which I did not have because they charge extra (never heard of that before).

I also had a bean and cheese burrito that was very large. My feeling and experience told me the refried beans tasted homemade, but they could have spent a little more time cooking. It had a floor tortilla, that was slight fire roasted which was a good touch.

Overall, I’d like to go back during a less hectic time to see what their food was like under less stressful conditions.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed November 30, 2016

I had the vegetarian burrito and actually took two, 'cause I thought one is not enough. One is definitely enough, because they are quite big for less than 4 dollars.
The meat meals also looked quiet good, but I didn't try them this time.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed November 20, 2016

We needed to find a restaurant in Hurricane on Sunday and many restaurants were closed. We noticed Alfredo's A and they had several cars in their lot. Across the street Taco Bell was empty. We went to Alfredo's. They have a large Mexican menu, their food is good, portions large, and prices low. I probably should give the food 4 stars, but the size of the portions and the prices raise the rating. In addition, the kitchen looked to be clean. I would be happy to return.
The walls are decorated with pictures of Pancho Villa.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed November 18, 2016

Typical open 24 hour Mexican place with a drive through. We had burritos and they were good. We have driven through and bought just a dozen tortillas before. They cost $1.35 each but they are great. We use them to make stuff at home. They are huge.
Great value.