“Fine place for a few nights”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Hurricane
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here for a couple of nights.
The room was big and nice, there is a kitchen with stove and fridge, but nothing to cook with.
Clean but small bathroom.
Breakfast is included, but it is a small selection and a very crowded room.
Wifi works fine.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank AndersKN

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Family vacation in Utah started great with our three night stay in Hurricane. Property a bit like myself - a bit older and showing some age, but clean and didn't smell bad! Large comfortable room with kitchen, clean pool and hot tub, and nice area in grassy area to sit and enjoy winding down after a day of hiking. Breakfast area was clean with two waffle makers, so my crowd was happy. This was a short-notice trip so didn't have a lot of choices on lodging, but well pleased with the hotel especially for the price. Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BDOG14
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I needed a place for one night only as part of a 3 1/2 weeks travel itinerary April 2013. Sometimes I got good prices for 4-star hotels and other times I chose inexpensive places. This was the latter. Microwave and frig and room clean and nothing tattered. The only negative was the front desk and only because they couldn't speak much English. I needed assistance due to rental car flat tire. Used my laptop instead and recommend Rare Form Automotive, wow service!!!, which was just a block away.

Room Tip: I am glad I chose the main floor - easier if you have any heavy luggage!! or multiple things you ne...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank redheadedlass17
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights during May and during the stay everything's basic but fine. I paid 2 nights as soon as I checked in. When I came back home middle of June, I found that my credit card was double charged. I contacted the hotel but NEVER NEVER got a response. I have to contact Booking.com through which I booked the hotel to find a solution. 5 days later I was informed, that the hotel already made the refund. Guess what? They refunded me 1 night cost, means still over charged another night cost. Now Booking.com is again contacting the hotel, until now I have not received appology from the hotel at all, and not yet got my money back.
So how can you trust such a hotel that do not meet the baseline expectation, and not respecting the customer at all?
If you are planning to stay with this hotel, be careful of your wallet!!

Room Tip: The hotel can over charge and you can never expect response from the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ling l
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I checked out a few of the local hotels to get the best price. This was the cheapest. It included breakfast and was one of the best rooms I have had. Really big, with a kitchen. I would recommend. Very close to Zion National Park.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katykrystal
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights, were pretty satisfied, had a spacious room with two queen beds and a small kitchen area. The fridge there was big, but the freezer didn't seem to be working at full blast, our water bottles were cold, but not really frozen after a night in there. The bathroom was quite small, but clean. The only noticeable minus was that there was no air conditioning in the bathroom, just a small window. So it got really hot in there after one person would take a shower. All the rest was fine, typical continental breakfast, tours to Antelope canyon just across the street from the hotel, shopping area nearby, food places very close too. It was a perfect choice for the money. Although, it's not that close to Zion NP, but we mainly chose this hotel for the prices and availability (as we booked in April for the June trip).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2013

In town for three nights for a family reunion, I was pleasantly surprised when we checked in. The gal who checked us in was helpful and friendly, although all other encounters were with the (foreign) managers, and not particularly engaging. Great pool, clean and spacious rooms, comfortable beds, and free wifi which worked well. Breakfast was average, due to only one waffle-iron and no protein or fruit, but they provided butter instead of margarine with the syrup. The BBQ area was a plus if you wanted to have a family get-together on-site. I was surprised at how quiet the rooms were.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms are probably quieter than ground floor rooms where cars are parked right outside.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joni K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurricane
EconoLodge
EconoLodge
#3 of 6 in Hurricane
Wingate by Wyndham Hurricane Near Zion National Park
Quality Inn Zion Park Area
Best Western Plus Zion West Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites La Verkin - Gateway to Zion
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!