“The place WAS terrible!”
Review of Ted and Allen's Sports Grill - CLOSED

Ted and Allen's Sports Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was suppose to be a Sports bar and Grill so I stooped in to watch some pre-season Football. Right, 3 TVs and one turned to The Little League World Series and the other two on an info-mercial about bad skin and zits! Needless to say after being informed that it wasn't a Sports Bar anymore, I left. Who wants to eat while listening to folk complain about their zits?

Alas, I hear that the place is being taken over by a BBQ stand that was right down the street! Yea! BBQ!!!!!!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I don't know what's with all these bad reviews because we actually had a very nice experience.

The food is really good and you get a lot of it too. I got the pulled pork sandwich with fries and not only was it moist and had good taste, the meat was flowing out of the bun. I had to start the sandwich off with a fork because there was no way I could pick it up without making a mess. It was also loaded with cheese, I just expected a sprinkle on top but they really loaded it on. I thought I could have used more fries at first but in the end I could barely finish my meal.

Our server was attentive and made conversation with us. We asked her for some recommendations on where to go and she gave us some tips.

The atmosphere was nice as well. Lots of random decorations around which give it a bit of a wild west feel to me. I would eat here again.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Ted and Allen's Sports Grill is now Ted and Allen's Restaurant and they are trying for a more family friendly atmosphere. They didn't achieve it. The interior of the restaurant is still dark and unpleasant. Booths and tables big enough to seat 8 have been added but that's about the only thing done in the remodel. The menu has been added to and a senior menu has been added. The food is adequate and you won't leave being upset but you won't leave raving about it either. I had the French Dip and my luncheon companion had the Fish and Chips basket minus the chips with a salad instead. We both had the senior menu and it was plentiful. I'd go again but I've always said that about this restaurant. They are your average small town restaurant and, unfortunately seem to not be able to see another side to dining. This restaurant should have such potential but they just don't seem to be able to pull it off. The staff is friendly, the food is adequate and the ambiance is boring.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I really like the veggie wrap. When I didn't see it on the menu, the kitchen made one for me...like I was a special person. I have since moved 70 miles closer and I will be frequenting Ted and Allen's more often.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We decided to go to dinner with some family that was in town. Being a Monday night Triple TJ's Cafe was closed. We decided to go to Ted and Allen's. We had a group of 8. Right when I walked in I noticed that they have redone the entire place. It used to be a sports bar and the food was terrible. I was pleasantly surprised to find my Cobb Salad with ranch to be excellent. My wife's country fried steak was pretty good also. The waitress we had was very friendly and on top of everything. She did a great job. Food was great and the price was right on. I will probably be back soon.