“Clasy restaurant clasy owners”

Barista's Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 34 Restaurants in Hurricane
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from Boston last night and after a two week vacation of eating all the amazing food out there. I realized the only thing that could even compare in this town would be baristas stopped in had the steak and fries for a remarkable $15.99 served to me by the owner himself nothing more clasy then a place where the owner will come out and Cary on a conversation with u and personally take yr order. Always impressed when I eat here and that's why I keep going back. And did I mention the steak is simply amazing best flavor I could find here in southern Utah.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Where do I start? First off there was no one in the place when we went in - we had to call out for a waitress to come out. The place is decorated in graffiti - yes, graffiti. My girlfriend though it was artistic at first, but with the rap music it was annoying. The owner came out - dressed like a rapper himself with his baseball cap and baggy pants. The food is ridiculously priced -- 10.95 for a bean burrito, 6 bucks for a beer - no wonder the place was empty. We stayed and ordered anyway and got some mediocre food that wasn't very warm. Needless to say, it was the worst restaurant either one of us can even remember. Awful awful awful!

16  Thank Tony4352
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

We went for coffee and it was just great, brewed from freshly ground beans. Best we've tasted on our US trip

Reviewed August 2, 2014

It was my 50th birthday and all I wanted was a nice steak and a beer

We arrive and are met by the 'greeter' a young woman dressed very inappropriately for this job singlet top with bikini top underneath and the shortest denim shorts that left nothing to the imagination, she did not introduce herself and lead us to a table and put the menus on it.

A little while later she came back and asked if we were ready for drinks we said "we're ready to order!" so she took the menus and then said "Your server will be with you shortly!" what the!!! then it got even more bizzarre the 'server' and unshaven man who did not introduce himself pulled up a chair and sat at the table to take our order! he then barked at the young woman to bring back the beer list so we could order. We said "no need for that we know what we want" so he took our food and drink orders. We had to ask for water and when the beers came the server just 'dumped' the bottles on the table we had to ask for glasses and the young woman also 'dumped' them on the table as far from both of us as possible. Then our meals were not served to us but put on the table and we had to move them in front of us. We then had to ask for silverware.

The whole time we were eating the male server was barking orders at the two young people who were obviously inexperienced and should not have been waiting tables until they had had a few lessons! then we wanted dessert but could not attract the servers attention when we finally did he says "so you want the bill?" and we replied "No we would like dessert please" he replied "oh I'll be with you soon" after about 10 minutes he yells over to the young woman can you get the bill for T2 pointing to us and I said "um we were wanting to order dessert??" he then came over and took our order. Dessert was dumped on the table (we were sitting at a table for four sitting at the seats next to each other and she put it at one of the other places OMG!!!!!!!) what a birthday dinner this turned out to be!!

having said ALLL that the food was REALLY good if we could have tipped the chef only, I would have, we left a very small tip.

7  Thank Cuddlefi5h
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Got an over-priced burger, but it was pretty good. We had lunch mid-week and were the only guests. You'd think that would ensure great service, but you'd be incorrect. My friend had the fish and fries and was underwhelmed.

4  Thank Catalyst_12
baristasrestaurant, Manager at Barista's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Ok so you liked the handmade burger most people do.your buddy's was not in love with his fish and chips sorry although he should complain to trident foods "it's deep fried beer battered cod" not much for us to mess up.just thought next time try the yellowfin ahi tuna or the sockeye salmon platters they are pretty amazing.once again sorry you did not like your frozen fish chips drinks on me next time peace out brothers