“Okay hotel”

Quality Inn Zion Park Area
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Hurricane
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is a fine hotel to stay in if you would like to avoid some of the higher costs with some of the other local hotels. The people were nice and the rooms are clean. This hotel falls short of the other Comfort Inns we have stayed at in the past. There isn't an elevator, the pool was a little dingy, the beds were hard, and the eggs from the breakfast looked as if there was no way any part of them came from a chicken. Other than that, it was a typical Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Zion Park Area

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel was OK. Typical comfort inn. Clean and affordable. AC was very loud. No elevator, so be prepared to carry your things if you are on the second floor. The pool was almost near the road and didn't look attractive. We didn't go there even though it was very, very hot. Overall, not bad.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Kelsy was very knowlegable about the area. She was very helpful with making the reservation on the phone the night before our stay. When we got there she had made sure the room had what we needed for my wifes physical limitations.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a good place to crash for a night we had to stay with a kid and it was good place except that lights were not working correctly. Would recommend this hotel for crashing for the night sleep.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Hotel was very well priced, and it was a good spot. A little bit out of town, but not really. Room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was good. Only drawback was front desk, as the evening person didn't really want to be there and couldn't seem to care less. Nonetheless, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have stayed at many comfort inns and this was the best Comfortinn i have ever been to. I have stayed at many comfort inns across the U.S. they were very horrid. I have even stayed at the best comfort inn in The U.S. and it did not even have new bedding Overall a very good stay.

Room Tip: Take the rooms on the other side of the highway
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I requested a handicapped accessible room. When I checked in at around 5pm after a long day of trans-Atlantic travel, they gave me the key to the room, and I went in to find it unmade from the previous guests. They had no other accessible room available, so they gave me a 15% discount if I would take a regular room. I could only take the regular room because of the grab bars in the bathroom, and the last thing I wanted was to change hotel and have to drag my bags somewhere else. As I was only there for one night, it was just a bit of an annoyance.
The lobby staff were unable to print a receipt for the cash I used to pay for the room, and that took about 3 hours to get.
My main gauge of rating hotels is whether I get a good night's sleep. Unsurprisingly, after the day of travel, I slept like a log. The bed was comfortable, so I certainly have no complaints there.
Others have mentioned cockroaches - I only spotted one, and that was in the corridor outside my room.
The breakfast was fine - I was up early enough for it to be too busy. I just had a waffle, juice and some coffee, and that's enough to get most people going for the day.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you have heavy baggage, ask for a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank handicappedtravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurricane
Wingate by Wyndham Hurricane Near Zion National Park
EconoLodge
EconoLodge
#3 of 6 in Hurricane
Best Western Plus Zion West Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites La Verkin - Gateway to Zion
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington
La Quinta Inn & Suites at Zion Park / Springdale

Been to Quality Inn Zion Park Area? Share your experiences!