I stayed here twice and had two completely different experiences. The first two nights were ok and the staff was very nice. When I came back for two more nights, it was nothing but one lousy thing after another - room 210 is terrible. First there were no hangers, had to go down and ask for some. Then the air conditioner didn't work. The woman at the desk said she'd put me in a different room. Imagine my surprise when I opened the door to 221 and there was a man in the shower!! She said she didn't know he had checked in, a previous clerk didn't record it. She called the room and was pretty rude questioning the guy as to when he checked in, etc. Like it was his fault? So I have to go back to 210. She couldn't get air to work either and it was dumping water on the carpet, so she put down towels. Had to open the window and sleep with fan she gave me. Ok, but not exactly comfortable. She promised to refund my points and get me a new room first thing in the morning. I was ok with it, didn't really have any other choice.
Then when I tried to use the hair drier this morning, it literally started smoking and shooting flames. By this time I had had it and went down to the front desk and demanded a different room. The man at the front desk was rude and told me to "calm down, you don't need to get so upset". He also said something else but when I asked him to repeat it, he wouldn't. I didn't appreciate the attitude considering the situation. I mean, having a hair drier smoking and shooting flames at your head is a little disconcerting. Equipment fails, but it isn't my fault so don't act like I'm being unreasonable. They made all kinds of excuses, told me numerous times how accommodating they were being and I was the one with the problem. Both he and the woman were rude and unprofessional. They sent me to a different room but it wasn't ready and when I went down and told them, then the attitude got even worse. She insisted it was ready. When we went upstairs, she saw the maids were in the room and told them to hurry up and finish the bathroom and told me I could use it while the maid vacuumed. I waited in the hall and had to listen to her tell me several more times how awful it had been for her, she has 53 rooms to take care of. Seriously?? I was supposed to feel sorry for her? After all of this, I called Choice, cancelled my last night, got my points returned and am staying in a hotel in St. George tonight.
I travel with my job and spend about 75 nights a year in hotels. I have never written a review on any of them until today. It was just so over the top with attitude and nastiness, I felt I had to write one. If I knew the names of these 2 people, I'd name them. Unfortunately, the only way I have to identify them is that they are of a distinct ethnic group and leave it at that. Very disappointing experience and not what I expected given the first two nights I'd had there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quality Inn Zion The Quality Inn(R) Zion hotel in Hurricane, UT gives you more for your hard-earned money. We're located right off Interstate 15 near the Sky Mountain Golf Course and Zion National Park. You'll find plenty of other sites and activities to explore near our Hurricane hotel, some of which include: - St. George Municipal Airport - Snow Canyon State Park - Dixie State University - Hurricane Valley Heritage Park Museum - St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site Our Hurricane hotel caters to both vacationing tourists and business travelers alike with complimentary services and amenities such as: - Free WiFi - Outdoor heated pool( Seasonl) - Guest laundry services Each guest room is furnished standard amenities like TVs, hair dryers, coffee makers, irons and ironing boards. Get your money's worth at the Quality Inn Zion. Hurricane hotels like ours help you relax and focus on the people and experiences you came for. Book now! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quality Inn Zion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Zion Hotel Hurricane
- Zion Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Hurricane
- Hurricane Comfort Inn
- Quality Inn Zion Hurricane, Utah