“Good value”

Quality Inn Zion Park Area
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Hurricane
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed there because I could not find accomodation in Springdale and it was a good choice. It is located about a half hour drive from Zion NP. Hotel it's clean and well kept. Rooms are comfortable abd clean too. The staff were friendly and check in was quick. Breakfast was nice. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank youngmcdonald

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Quoted us prices two days prior to for specific dates when we reserved rooms then charged over 150% of that.

When questioned about this sudden change the clerk basically shrugged shoulders and said "That's what it is!" A "Take it or leave it" attitude and it was too late to find another hotel.

Said one party's card was declined, but was not and the charge on it took 6 days to get it back after many phone conversations and arguments.

NASTY and DECEITFUL PEOPLE !!

Room Tip: Don't choose a room unless you're fool enough to stay there in the first place
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed here after visiting Zion National Park—20-25 minute drive from crowded Springdale. We stopped at a Mexican fast food joint on the main drag before arriving. It was dark at arrival, and we were surprised that the pool was open—Oct. 20. Our room was clean, comfortable, and the table was adequate for our take-out. We had a view of the mountains when we awoke. Breakfast was adequate—waffle maker, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor away from the pool. If you like to negotiate, call the hotel directly.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel exceeded the basic needs of a national parks geared hotel. The price point was reasonable (free hot breakfast and internet included) and we were only about a half hour from Zion. The staff was great - I think they were on a work visitor program from Europe actually - and there was even free mini golf in the back of the hotel. The room was comfortable, clean, and quiet. We'll definitely be back next time we try to climb Angel's Landing

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here October 2nd and 3rd while visiting Zion National Park. Our room was clean, comfortable, and had a great view of the mountains. Breakfast was quite adequate and a real time-saver when you want to hit the road! We waited for the doors to open at 6:30 and good thing. The breakfast room was jam-packed within minutes. The staff was very nice, the internet was free off the lobby and always available. This was by far the cheapest room on our trip, half of what we paid in Tropic when we went to Bryce Canyon. Our party of four had no complaints. Only wish there were restaurants/bars withing walking distance. The fridge and microwave were appreciated. People--- we paid $44.95 a night. What a deal!!

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems, book a room on the first floor. No elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2012

First, I had specifically requested a first floor room when I made the reservations several weeks ago. I was told upon arrival that they were all taken. And then, no elevator to the second floor.........try pulling heavy suitcases UP the stairs. When I opened the door to the room, there was an awful stench of cigarette smoke. I went back down to the desk and was assigned another room by the very friendly young lady at the front desk. The second room did not smell of cigarette smoke, but it smelled of some sort of cleanser, but not too terrible since it was SO much better than the previouos room. The room itself was very nice, and the beds comfortable.

The breakfast the next morning was very good and that kind of redeemed the place in my eyes. Also, a computer with internet that I was able to use during my few free minutes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Good price for being near Zion. The walls were paper thin though and I could hear the people next to me, so I turned the TV up a bit. My room was a bit cold when I got there so I was trying to tun the heater unit on, and what a racket it made! It was loud and the knob was stuck so I could not turn it all the way on to the high heat setting. It wasn't the end of the world though. Staff was friendly, they had coffee in the morning. Good if on a budget.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurricane
Wingate by Wyndham Hurricane Near Zion National Park
EconoLodge
EconoLodge
#3 of 6 in Hurricane
Best Western Plus Zion West Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites La Verkin - Gateway to Zion
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington
Quality Inn & Suites Montclair

Been to Quality Inn Zion Park Area? Share your experiences!