“Not Good....”

Days Inn Hurricane/zion National Park Area
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Hurricane
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Stayed in this hotel for the St.George Marathon, and wouldn't go back. Even took pictures to send to the Days Inn HQ for proof this place isn't holding up to the Days Inn standard. Just a quick list of the problems we had....
1. Sheets on bed aren't fitted, so they kept sliding off.
2. Beds were never vacuumed underneath, nothing too bad underneath, but some advil tablets, bread twisties and torn tissue paper.
3. Door didn't closer properly so sound from hall was bad, luckily although the hotel was full, few people were poking around late at night.
4. Furniture was broke, again not functionally broken, but broken wood on several pieces.
5. My 4 yr old caught a lizard in our room, which was actually kind of fun...but....come on.
6. Rarely an attendant at desk.
7. Shower curtain rail was broken so it drooped down.
8. TV and microwave not secured, so watch out little kids that pull on stuff.
9. Dead roach in front of ice machine on first floor just laid there for more than a day, was there when we left.

The good...hot water, no smell, clean toilet, clean tub, orange juice and coffee.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank mwd801

Reviewed August 18, 2010

There are alot of negative reviews on here, but I booked for less than $50, so I was very pleased with the value we received. We traveled with a family of 5, so the separate sink/mirror from the toilet/shower worked great! One could be in the shower, while another was using the sink. The room was very large, clean, & even had a microwave/refridgerator in the room. Also had blow dryer & coffee maker. The breakfast was adequate for the price.....my kids love waffles, although it would be nice if the hotel would add another machine, as there was quite a wait for the waffle maker. Also a basket of fresh fruit would be beneficial. We also were looking forward to the pool/hot tub after 10 days of camping, but it closed at 10 pm (when we arrived). 11 pm closure would be another suggestion. Overall, a great value compared to the more than double priced hotels in Springdale (we were visiting Zion Nat'l Park). We were able to get out early the next morning & arrive at the campground in time to snag a first-come/first-served site. Only took 30 minutes to get to Zion. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I'd sleep in my car before I'd stay here again. Not even worth the $59.00 rate. It is dirty, you can't even call that a breakfast, stall frosted flakes and a waffle iron. The guy that checked us in was so rude, and acted bothered that we were checking in. The walls are paper thin. Stayed on the way to the Grand Canyon, we should have kept driving.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank collectingcoke
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Find another place to stay if possible. It wasn't very clean, breakfast was less than terrible.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank reagangirl70
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Clean, comfortable rooms. Breakfast was not great. Exactly what you would expect.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank JediGorf
Reviewed July 13, 2010

There is a reason they call it Days Inn, and not Nights Inn, because you wouldn't want to spend your nights here. The room was just ok, the bathroom had holes around the shower and leaked all over the floor every time you showered. We had two rooms and neither had enough water pressure to take a decent shower. There is no elevator so you have to carry your bags upstairs, not a big deal unless you are disabled, then it's a big deal. The useless guy at the front desk in the evenings said they have no handicap rooms on the first floor. All that aside, the motel is in a nice location, Hurricane is a very friendly and clean little town. I would recommend staying in St. George, it just a few minutes away and has tons more to offer.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Vernazio
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I have booked this hotel online and had a coupon with me. The man at the reception desk did not want to honor it, (looked like a Gipsy). When I showed him the coupon he started to be very aggressive, telling me that the rate was too low to apply the coupon. He told me that the only way to apply the coupon would be to increase my nightly rate. When I disagreed, he literally grabbed my credit card out of my hands to swipe it again and apply a new rate. I have fought with him for several minutes. Right now I think I should have called the police. I stayed there for one night only and then moved closer to the Zion National Park and spent the next few nights in Springdale.
Plenty of dirt on the one side of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BaronTucson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurricane
Quality Inn Zion Park Area
Wingate by Wyndham Hurricane Near Zion National Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites La Verkin - Gateway to Zion
Best Western Plus Zion West Hotel
EconoLodge
EconoLodge
#3 of 6 in Hurricane
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington

Been to Days Inn Hurricane/zion National Park Area? Share your experiences!