Days Inn Hurricane/zion National Park Area
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Hurricane
Reviewed April 21, 2008

Booked 2 rooms for a 1 night on route to Page, Arizona via Zion National Park.
Both clean and tidy. Coffee-makers in room. Indoor pool popular with my 11yr old,
Breakfast adequate, although breakfast area small.
Only complaint was that wifi didnt work, but as only staying 1 night, not really a problem.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed June 15, 2007

We stay in this hotel for the last night of 10 days vacation. We booked this hotel via phone with coupon from "coupon book".Wireless internet didn't' work, when I call front desk, asking to restart DSL modem, I get answer "other people using internet, i can't disconnected them', oh well///maybe they pay more.../ I don't know...The next morning we have to leave early, was nothing to eat for breakfast, I leave key and we left.
Later this day, I noticed I was bitten by bed bugs;((
When I come back home [Chicago] I write letter to days inn, I got no answer, couple days later I call days inn and report bed bugs bits, Front desk Lady asked me, why I didn't show her the bites, next morning....oh well...a discover them later afternoon, that's why...then, where I asked for manager, she give me some phone number, I leave couple massages and asked for call me back...never hear from anybody...Then I decided file claim in customer service Days Inn, I called, and explained everything, I got claim number and.....wait for 2 weeks, nobody call me back. .Finally I call again and i got answer from customer representative from Days Inn, I have to work on that with hotel manager, who never call me back...I travel a lot but never, ever I 'will stay in Days Inn again!!!

traveller

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank turystka
Reviewed May 2, 2007

Lobby and breakfast area were very clean. This hotel was under brand new management and the managers are trying to whip it into shape. They are currently working on the rooms. Mine had not had the carpet shampooed in a while, and there were a few minor items that could have been cleaner in my room, but like I said, the management team was new and they really are working on any problems, so I'm sure it's better now.

There was a maid with a surly attitude, and the manager said she'd have a talk with that maid and if it happens again, the maid will be gone. They had already replaced two maids, so I totally believe the manager on this.

The managers were very helpful and couldn't have been nicer.

Room was modern, and had a refrigerator and a microwave.

I went out at sunset and took some magnificent photographs of the beautiful rock formations in the area.

I would definetly recommend the Hurricane Days Inn, and am sure the minor problems I encountered have been resolved.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo
3  Thank Oregon8
Reviewed April 4, 2007

The owners were friendly and helpful, but the room and bedsheets were dirty and the beds infested by bed bugs, which we noticed the next morning. I got a minor reaction to their bites but my aunt, who was travelling with me, developed a serious allergic reaction and needed medical treatment.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank RX78
Reviewed September 8, 2006

When we entered out room, first thing we saw was a lizard sitting on a bed. After chasing it for 15 minutes I decided to check out the bed sheets. Oh my God! They do not wash them at all after previous guests - all spotted, wrinkled, grey color, hairs everywhere, disgusting... our friends in a next room had the same thing. Unfortunately we made a decision to go to Zion just couple of days before Labor weekend, so everything was booked except for this motel (I wonder why…), also we were very tired after driving from LA, so we didn’t leave, just went to reception and asked for clean sheets, the guy came back with still grey and wrinkled sheets, but they seemed to be at least washed.
Pool and breakfast are not even worth mentioning.
My advice to you - book hotels inside the park in advance, or if you wish to stay at Days Inn in Hurricane city, bargain for the price, Internet price is $80 is ridiculous, ask for $33, then it more or less would justify your stay.

Stayed: September 2006
5  Thank SimiTraveller
Reviewed July 12, 2006

The owners are friendly. That is about the only good thing I can say about this motel. We were in room 105. The a/c had to keep being reset, or the room would get stiffling hot. The walls are paper thin, I was woke up by the sound of the person in the next room snoring. Plus, any time someone used the restroom or the shower it was like they were right in our room. The amount of noise was unacceptable. Between getting up to reset the a/c, and the other noise, we would never stay here again. The free high speed internet was a joke too, when we could finally get connected we could open a page or two, then the internet would cut off. IT was basically worthless. Do yourself a favor and drive right by this place, if you value a decent night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2006
5  Thank flowerladytoo
Reviewed May 31, 2005

The place is old and needs updating. For a quick stay while on the road, its OK. At least the air conditioning and high speed internet worked. I think I would try to find somewhere else to stay next time.

• Stayed: September 2004
3  Thank sesm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurricane
Quality Inn Zion Park Area
19 mi away
Quality Inn at Zion Park
Quality Inn at Zion Park
#13 of 16 in Springdale

Been to Days Inn Hurricane/zion National Park Area? Share your experiences!