“Homey, convenient to Ogden area skiing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jackson Fork Inn

Jackson Fork Inn
Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Jackson Fork Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Huntsville B&B and Inns
Virginia
“Homey, convenient to Ogden area skiing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2010

My daughter and I stayed here 5 nights on a ski trip to Snowbasin and Powder Mountain. There's not much closer to Snowbasin. The room was comfortable and my daughter liked having her own space in the large loft bedroom. Breakfast was self-serve and nothing special but a quick and sufficient way to get enough to hit the slopes. The owner was friendly and accommodating. I liked the dogs, and they would leave you alone if you didn't want them around. The restaurant was good too.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality

Business
Northern Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2009

I was amazed to discover that Jackson Fork in is actually a historic dairy barn that has been converted into beautiful inn. Each room has its own unique layout and mine felt like a cozy loft. It had separate rooms within the suite which would be perfect for a large family.

It also had a huge Whirlpool tub that was very nice to soak in. I imagine that would be the perfect end to a day of skiing. The natural and organic bath products gave an extra special touch.

When I arrived the owner actually checked me in and was very friendly. The Inn is close to most of the Ogden Ski resorts and I would say it's the perfect getaway.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2008

For value and location nothing beats the Jackson Fork Inn. The rooms are homey and comfortable, the food and restuarant is the best. I ski Snow Basin and Powder Mountain 10-15 days a season and for location, amenities, friendliness of staff and food I have not found many alternatives. I highly recommend it.

• Liked — Homey, quaint and friendly. Great location to Snowbasin and Powder Mountain
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Layton, UT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2007

I booked a room for our 12th wedding anniversary thinking that after a day of snowboarding and enjoying the mountains we would stay in Huntsville. What a nightmare! We reserved a room with a hot-tub, and it went down-hill from there. My wife and I were looking foward all dat for a soak in the tub and it had a faucet that trickled cold to luke warm water. After 15 minutes the tub had about 2" of ice cold water so we decided to shower. Well that was ice cold. Frustration set in and we contacted the desk. The owner said everything should work.......well it obviously did not. The owner checked the boiler and said all is well. I waited 15 more minutes and the water was ice cold. After going back to the front desk a 2nd time I requested my money back, and went to another local hotel that accomomdated our needs for about 25.00 dollars less and had an awesome atmosphere.
P.S.The front desk///restaurant has dogs that are owned by the owner lying around in it. I love dogs, but a restaurant setting is not the place for these pets.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — rooms
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank rsq51
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntsville
Alaskan Inn
Alaskan Inn
#8 of 21 in Ogden
Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS High Country Inn
WorldMark Wolf Creek
Hampton Inn & Suites Ogden
BEST WESTERN PLUS Canyon Pines

Been to Jackson Fork Inn? Share your experiences!