“This Past Winter”

Jacket or Pants Rental for Snowbasin and Powder Mountain
$16.19*
Junior Ski Rental Package for Snowbasin and Powder Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: Snowbasin Resort is an all season recreation resort located in Huntsville, Utah, less than 35 miles North of Salt Lake City. Top rated by Ski Magazine in the categories of Service, On-Mountain Food, Lifts and Grooming, it has one of the easiest drives from Salt Lake International Airport as well as quick access to the Park City area and downtown Ogden. With 3,000 skiable acres and 3,000 vertical feet, Snowbasin Resort is best known for wide-open bowls, gladed runs, manicured groomers, powder stashes days after a storm and excellent service. Snowbasin Resort offers summer activities on Saturdays and Sundays, including the popular Blues, Brews & BBQ free summer concert series. Enjoy award-winning cuisine including mountaintop dining with spectacular views and magnificent day lodges. Consistently recognized as one of the best family resorts in North America, Snowbasin Resort is one of the oldest continuously operating ski resort in the nation and is a member of the Grand America Hotels and Resorts family. Sister properties include Sun Valley Resort, Grand America Hotel, Little America Hotel (all Salt Lake City, UT), The Westgate Hotel, San Diego, CA, Little America Flagstaff, AZ, Little America, WY, and Little America, Cheyenne, WY.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We stayed in Salt Lake City over the Christmas/New Years holiday this year and skied at various resorts around the Salt Lake. Of the resorts we visited, I feel like Snowbasin was the best. We didn't ski every resort so the opinion is skewed, however, terrain was covered...we had more runs open...and the amenities were great. There's nothing not to like here!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

This is a summertime review, so I can't speak to the skiing, but I hear it's excellent! The drive from Ogen takes about 30 minutes, but is gorgeous.

Snowbasin has a summer lift ticket for $16 with discounts for seniors and kids. The ticket is good all day up and down the gondola. Hiking opportunities at the top are extensive, but the climb to the ridge overlooking the Great Salt Lake is a great place to start. The temperature up there is much cooler than the summer hear below and the views are spectacular. Hike a little farther toward Mt. Ogden for even better views.

If you are feeling adventurous, hike down from the top or rent a mountain bike for the journey. Sounds fun (for a nominal charge). Other activities, food, and gifts are available for purchase. Free Sunday concerts (Blues, Brews, and Barbecue) are an exceptional bonus. Highly Recommended!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Snowbasin offers free concerts on summer Sunday afternoons. Food is available in the adjacent lodge. Servings are plentiful and prices are moderate. You also can have a fancy buffet brunch in the lodge at the top of the mountain. A lift tickets allows a great view of the Ogden Valley. The ticket is good all day. Discounts for seniors, and folks 75+, if they own up to it, go free. Many people bring tents and blankets and sit on the grass. Lots of entertainment for children, such as bungy jumping on trampolines. Beautiful spot and fun.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I just love, love, love to ski snowbasin! This was our first time visiting & we had an absolute blast. Our ski trip was a definite adventure & it was a pleasure to ski in the greatly colored snow conditions & the weather. Spectacular! I enjoyed the lodge very much. The fireplace & the windows to look out made the entire atmosphere feel like home. And of course, good food. I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but out of the handful of ski resorts I have visited your facility has the BEST restrooms I have ever been in. They are huge. very clean & I like how the stalls have individual door into a room, no peeps can see underneath! lol well, I just wanted to give thumbs up on the restrooms, it was out of site when I seen it. I had to take pictures. Looking forward to another ski season & with that means another trip. I look forward to another visit back! & kudos to ski patrol!!! Your best.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Snowbasin is one of those resorts that you never regret going to. The lodges are always clean, beautiful and cozy. If the weather is nasty and you have to just rest and unfreeze for a minute, you can truly unwind in any of the many lodges.There are large overstuffed chairs, piano music, and huge fireplaces, just for you. Even the bathrooms are lovely. The resort itself has all types of terrain and you will be entertained whether you know the secret tracks, or just stick to the regular runs. There are regular chairs as well as gondolas. I love the gondolas for the days where the weather is really cold and nasty but you just want to keep riding. I live relatively close to this resort and every time I go, I feel truly blessed that I live so close. **Side note ** food is always tasty and if you aren't a big cooker, the Thanksgiving day spread is wonderful, Just book early as it sells out very quicky.

1  Thank amanda h