We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Huntsville
Atomic Chalet Bed & Breakast
Ranked #2 of 4 Huntsville B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Like to ski Utah but tired of staying in hokey cardboard motels around Sandy and skiing the crowded Big and Little Cottonwood canyons? Don't want to pay big bucks to ski the gentle slopes at Park - Disney - City? Then head on over to the other side and stay with Wes at the Atomic Chalet. The place is very comfortable, very clean, and, well, very awesome. Hot tub pool table, wood stove fireplace, and Wes' glory wall of photos make for a great stay. But it gets better 'cause Wes' breakfast rips and you will, too, with it fueling you on the hill. You can rip the Olympic downhill course at Snowbasin and enjoy the amazing lodges there or take a step back in time and chill at Powder Mountain. After skiing there's a handful of restaurants to enjoy - not a lot but the choices are good. So, go to the Atomic Chalet. Now. Don't wait. It'll make you happy.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 5, 2012

We had a great time staying at the Atomic Chalet for our annual guys ski trip. The location is perfect, with two wonderful mountains- Powder and Snowbasin, just a few minutes away. Wes takes such great care of his guests, starting with a healthy skier's breakfast of fresh bread, granola/cereal, boiled eggs, and fruit. The lodging is spotless and in the very small town of Huntsville. Luckily, there are several good restaurants and a bar within minutes. If you are looking for something a little bit different than the usual ski lodging, I can't say enough good things about the Atomic Chalet. Wes will take good care of you- he'll even wax and tune your skis if you need that to be done. Highly recommended. Do know that this is a small chalet/b&b and not a hotel- Wes asks his guests to take their shoes off while inside, which makes a lot of sense. There is always a roaring fire and a pool table and hot tub for entertainment- but this is a low key place. Bring a few beers, sit by the fire after skiing, and hang out. It is not a party scene, but is just perfect. Thanks again, Atomic Chalet.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I just got back from a quick stay in "the Bachelor" room at the Atomic Chalet, and have only great things to say. As others have posted here, the inn is immaculately clean and nicely appointed. I was there alone, so I booked the smallest and least expensive room there, and it was perfect for my needs: a spotlessly clean bathroom, a cozy room with two windows and a super comfortable bed. The combination of exhaustion from skiing (Snow Basin is so uncrowded you can literally ski until your legs give out), and the quiet of the tiny burg of Hunstville, led to the best nights' sleep I've had in a long time.

Mornings included home-baked bread and coffee (plus other continental breakfast stuff) and I set out to the slopes feel energized and full.

Speaking of the slopes, Snowbasin is truly my favorite resort anywhere (and I think the most beautiful in Utah), and it is maybe a 12 minute drive from the chalet.

Wes does a great job of giving his guests space and privacy, while still being available and helpful with any questions at all times.

I hope to come back soon!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2011

There's just one word for Wes and his Atomic Chalet: Cool. I found this place on a Google search for Snow Basin hotels/B&B's. The Chalet is a charming little wood shingled cabin about 10-15 minutes away from one of the most beautiful mountainous areas of Utah, (Snow Basin). Part of the structure is dedicated to Wes' living quarters which is of no intrusive consequence to his guests. Another small quirk is that guests are asked to remove street shoes upon entering. Slippers are provided. I didn't mind this in the slightest as it contributed to what was immediately apparent upon entering: this place is immaculate. IMMACULATE.

The pictures don't really do this place justice. We stayed in "The Pine Cone" room. Thick down bed linens, massive king size pillows and rustic, thick curtains adorn this sizable room. There is, in true European fashion, a wooden window seat complete with plush pillows that completes the homey atmosphere. Wes provided an evaporative, movable air conditioner but with the windows open and a cool mountain breeze blowing in we found it unnecessary after dark. I was surprised by the bathroom. The shower is really, really large and has been redone with high-end marble tile. A full sized hair dryer is provided. The bath products are grocery store standard and I would advise women or anyone who requires luxury branded products to bring their own. This room also has a loft. Being only two, we did not use it. However, upon taking a peek, it looked really comfortable (with a pull down ladder for extra excitement) and good for kids. Some fairly ancient televisions and VHS players are provided along with a fun selection of movies you've forgotten you once loved. Again, like everything else, both t.v. and VHS players were in perfect working order. Very retro! Wes provides a homemade breakfast served in an Austrian Stube-style dining room with furniture so accurate to my experience there I had to ask him if he had, in fact, purchased them abroad. Drinking strong, black coffee, looking at the mountains, sitting on this furniture I felt somewhat transported. I digress. The breakfast spread includes granola, fresh fruit, fresh baked bread, butter, jam and coffee. Wow.

A couple of things I forgot to mention: There's a pool table off of the dining room, an outdoor ping-pong table and what I believe was a hot tub outside (that I wanted to but didn't have time to use...I'd ask about this when you call to book if hot tubbing is important to you).

If you ski, hike, love the outdoors (or are going to a summer Snow Basin wedding like we were) and hate big retail, no personality corporate chain hotels (like we do) then, by all means, visit the Chalet. This place is an authentic labor of love for the proprietor which makes for a fantastic customer experience. Indeed, Wes runs one super cool little inn and we thank him for a fun stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2011

My wife and I stayed four nights at the Atomic Chalet and had an incredible ski experience as a result of Wes's phenomenal attention to detail regarding skiing at Snow Basin and Powder Mountain. The room was very clean and well organized with a beautiful view of the mountains. We have stayed in dozens of B&Bs in the US and Canada and none have matched the Atomic Chalet for hospitality, amenities, and knowledge of the ski mountians. Breakfast was healthy and tasty and local restaurant recommendations were outstanding. If your primary mission is to ski, be comfortable, and do so at a reasonable cost, it is tough to beat the Atomic Chalet.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Atomic Chalet in Huntsville, conveniently located for Snow Basin and Powder Mountain. The rooms are great:- ample, comfortable, and clean, each with its own spacious bath. Wes, the owner, is a treasure. He's low key, friendly, funny,helpful, and knowledgeable. He's interesting to talk with and always ready to answer questions and make recommendations without imposing. The breakfasts were yummy - fresh fruit, granola and cereal, yogurt, jam and peanut butter, eggs, and freshly baked bread. Yes, we woke up each morning to the smell of the bread baking. And Wes re-waxed our rental demo skis which needed the treatment.
We plan to come back as often as possible and will always stay at the chalet. Huntsville is less developed than other Utah ski areas (a plus for me) but there are several good restaurants in the area for dinner each evening.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2010

We just returned from a delightful weekend at the Atomic Chalet B&B in Huntsville, UT on the Pineview Resevoir. The weather did not cooperate with kayaking and other water sports although we did get to bike a bit. Staying at the "Chalet" made up for the weather.
We were greeted at the door with a big smile and entered a spotlessly clean and well-kept environment with the feel of a cosy den, where we could hang out as desired. The bedroom had a lovely view (even with clouds masking the peaks) and felt cosy enough to curl up with a book for some down time.
A lovely hot tub on the porch & snuggling under down comforters on a king size bed let us wake refreshed and ready to indulge in the freshly baked bread and delicious breakfast. Our host made sure we had any info needed to plan our day and we were off to play, explore, and indulge our wanderlust.
On our return our host greeted us with dining suggestions as desired. Like the fabled European B & B hosts of literature, he had the ability to appear just as one was thinking of a question to ask or a desire for some brief conversation -- and the rest of the time it seemed as if we were alone to visit or read undisturbed.
I cannot recommend the Atomic Chalet too highly. It is the ideal "get away from it all" or romantic weekend destination as well as its better-known status as a luxury-for-less ski season accomodation.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank khs_nodak
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntsville
Alaskan Inn
#1 of 4 in Huntsville
Jackson Fork Inn
Jackson Fork Inn
#4 of 4 in Huntsville

Been to Atomic Chalet Bed & Breakast? Share your experiences!