“Great stay at the Atomic Chalet!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atomic Chalet Bed & Breakast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Huntsville
Atomic Chalet Bed & Breakast
Ranked #2 of 4 Huntsville B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“Great stay at the Atomic Chalet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

I just got back from a quick stay in "the Bachelor" room at the Atomic Chalet, and have only great things to say. As others have posted here, the inn is immaculately clean and nicely appointed. I was there alone, so I booked the smallest and least expensive room there, and it was perfect for my needs: a spotlessly clean bathroom, a cozy room with two windows and a super comfortable bed. The combination of exhaustion from skiing (Snow Basin is so uncrowded you can literally ski until your legs give out), and the quiet of the tiny burg of Hunstville, led to the best nights' sleep I've had in a long time.

Mornings included home-baked bread and coffee (plus other continental breakfast stuff) and I set out to the slopes feel energized and full.

Speaking of the slopes, Snowbasin is truly my favorite resort anywhere (and I think the most beautiful in Utah), and it is maybe a 12 minute drive from the chalet.

Wes does a great job of giving his guests space and privacy, while still being available and helpful with any questions at all times.

I hope to come back soon!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

There's just one word for Wes and his Atomic Chalet: Cool. I found this place on a Google search for Snow Basin hotels/B&B's. The Chalet is a charming little wood shingled cabin about 10-15 minutes away from one of the most beautiful mountainous areas of Utah, (Snow Basin). Part of the structure is dedicated to Wes' living quarters which is of no intrusive consequence to his guests. Another small quirk is that guests are asked to remove street shoes upon entering. Slippers are provided. I didn't mind this in the slightest as it contributed to what was immediately apparent upon entering: this place is immaculate. IMMACULATE.

The pictures don't really do this place justice. We stayed in "The Pine Cone" room. Thick down bed linens, massive king size pillows and rustic, thick curtains adorn this sizable room. There is, in true European fashion, a wooden window seat complete with plush pillows that completes the homey atmosphere. Wes provided an evaporative, movable air conditioner but with the windows open and a cool mountain breeze blowing in we found it unnecessary after dark. I was surprised by the bathroom. The shower is really, really large and has been redone with high-end marble tile. A full sized hair dryer is provided. The bath products are grocery store standard and I would advise women or anyone who requires luxury branded products to bring their own. This room also has a loft. Being only two, we did not use it. However, upon taking a peek, it looked really comfortable (with a pull down ladder for extra excitement) and good for kids. Some fairly ancient televisions and VHS players are provided along with a fun selection of movies you've forgotten you once loved. Again, like everything else, both t.v. and VHS players were in perfect working order. Very retro! Wes provides a homemade breakfast served in an Austrian Stube-style dining room with furniture so accurate to my experience there I had to ask him if he had, in fact, purchased them abroad. Drinking strong, black coffee, looking at the mountains, sitting on this furniture I felt somewhat transported. I digress. The breakfast spread includes granola, fresh fruit, fresh baked bread, butter, jam and coffee. Wow.

A couple of things I forgot to mention: There's a pool table off of the dining room, an outdoor ping-pong table and what I believe was a hot tub outside (that I wanted to but didn't have time to use...I'd ask about this when you call to book if hot tubbing is important to you).

If you ski, hike, love the outdoors (or are going to a summer Snow Basin wedding like we were) and hate big retail, no personality corporate chain hotels (like we do) then, by all means, visit the Chalet. This place is an authentic labor of love for the proprietor which makes for a fantastic customer experience. Indeed, Wes runs one super cool little inn and we thank him for a fun stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

My wife and I stayed four nights at the Atomic Chalet and had an incredible ski experience as a result of Wes's phenomenal attention to detail regarding skiing at Snow Basin and Powder Mountain. The room was very clean and well organized with a beautiful view of the mountains. We have stayed in dozens of B&Bs in the US and Canada and none have matched the Atomic Chalet for hospitality, amenities, and knowledge of the ski mountians. Breakfast was healthy and tasty and local restaurant recommendations were outstanding. If your primary mission is to ski, be comfortable, and do so at a reasonable cost, it is tough to beat the Atomic Chalet.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Atomic Chalet in Huntsville, conveniently located for Snow Basin and Powder Mountain. The rooms are great:- ample, comfortable, and clean, each with its own spacious bath. Wes, the owner, is a treasure. He's low key, friendly, funny,helpful, and knowledgeable. He's interesting to talk with and always ready to answer questions and make recommendations without imposing. The breakfasts were yummy - fresh fruit, granola and cereal, yogurt, jam and peanut butter, eggs, and freshly baked bread. Yes, we woke up each morning to the smell of the bread baking. And Wes re-waxed our rental demo skis which needed the treatment.
We plan to come back as often as possible and will always stay at the chalet. Huntsville is less developed than other Utah ski areas (a plus for me) but there are several good restaurants in the area for dinner each evening.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
North Salt Lake
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

We just returned from a delightful weekend at the Atomic Chalet B&B in Huntsville, UT on the Pineview Resevoir. The weather did not cooperate with kayaking and other water sports although we did get to bike a bit. Staying at the "Chalet" made up for the weather.
We were greeted at the door with a big smile and entered a spotlessly clean and well-kept environment with the feel of a cosy den, where we could hang out as desired. The bedroom had a lovely view (even with clouds masking the peaks) and felt cosy enough to curl up with a book for some down time.
A lovely hot tub on the porch & snuggling under down comforters on a king size bed let us wake refreshed and ready to indulge in the freshly baked bread and delicious breakfast. Our host made sure we had any info needed to plan our day and we were off to play, explore, and indulge our wanderlust.
On our return our host greeted us with dining suggestions as desired. Like the fabled European B & B hosts of literature, he had the ability to appear just as one was thinking of a question to ask or a desire for some brief conversation -- and the rest of the time it seemed as if we were alone to visit or read undisturbed.
I cannot recommend the Atomic Chalet too highly. It is the ideal "get away from it all" or romantic weekend destination as well as its better-known status as a luxury-for-less ski season accomodation.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank khs_nodak
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2010

We chose Atomic from the one review we found and would have to say we were extremely happy with the choice. The Chalet is conveniently located between Powder Mountain and Snowbasin. The owner Wes was very promote with communication and so welcoming we felt we had known him for out entire lives. By the time we got the room it already felt like home. Condition of the room was very clean and comfortable with our own bathroom. Also very clean. We had just arrived after skiing that day and there was even a room dedicated to boot and glove drying. Wes gave us the grand tour and provided us with information key to enjoying our stay. He also had discount lift tickets for my wife and I the next day to Snowbasin. No lines or ticket offices to deal with which made it even better. But the best part was the breakfast. Everything was fresh as if picked in the back yard and as healthy as you can get. Perfect for getting ready for a day of skiing. Plus there was fruit and other goodies around to snack on as well. If Wes offers to ski with you at Snowbasin I strongly suggest taking him up on it. He was patient and took us to area's we would have never found. The Atomic Chalet will be the only place we stay when visiting the area. Also ate at the Texas Barbecue restaurant in the area which was great. We even ordered some to take home.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Hendersonville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2010

Wes is just about the best B&B host you could ask for, especially if you're planning a ski vacation. Super friendly and super knowledgeable. The B&B has 3 nice rooms, all with lofts that can accomodate 1 or 2 more people. A hearty breakfast is provided early in the morning that will more than fuel you through most of your day in the snow. There's a great outdoor jacuzzi to soak and relax in after a hard day ripping through the soft Utah powder and the location is convenient to both Powder Mountain and Snowbasin (10-20 minutes to either of them).

This was my second stay at the Chalet and I'm sure I'll be back again. Skiing at Snowbasin and Powder Mountain just can't be beat. Incredible snow, great terrain, awesome value, and NO CROWDS! Love it.

Truly one of Utah's lesser-known treasures.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank thenerb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntsville
Alaskan Inn
Alaskan Inn
#8 of 21 in Ogden
BEST WESTERN PLUS High Country Inn
Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT
WorldMark Wolf Creek
Hampton Inn & Suites Ogden

Been to Atomic Chalet Bed & Breakast? Share your experiences!