“Great Barbecue Variety”
Review of Huntsville Barbecue Company - CLOSED

Huntsville Barbecue Company
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Description: Texas Pride Barbecue is home to the finest barbecue in the Mountain West. We slow-smoke all of our meats on our custom built smoker using oak and mesquite. Brisket, Sausage, Ribs and Chicken to name a few. Home style sides and desserts round out the meal. Located in historic Huntsville, Utah, Texas Pride is more than a place to eat, it's a destination.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice little restaurant in sleepy Huntsville. We were surprised by the wide variety of barbecue offerings. I was pleased to find a North Carolina sauce for my pulled pork sandwich. Excellent food, nice people. Everyone in the family was happy.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

A small but very popular place. The BBQ is superior to most we have experienced across the country. Service is quick and friendly even with the line of people waiting to order. Recycled ski lift benches add a fun touch to the room.

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Authentic BBQ! The brisket and beans were favorites, but everything was good. Good value for the money, and a cool little dining room.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We are visiting and staying in Eden. It was definitely worth our time and effort to drive here for dinner. The portions are quite large and there are a lot of fun BBQ sauces to try. In the winter you can rent ice skates next door and skate at the park across the street. PS. Try the pecan thing for desert!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was listening to local talk radio one day (K-Talk, 630am), and the group there mentioned trying out the Hunstville BBQ restaurant. They were debating whether it was the top or second best BBQ in UT. It's the ONLY really good one I've had, but, alas, I forget the other candidate.

I considered this place for a romantic dinner with my wife and I; but I'm glad we went with family instead; it's more of an after-ski/family place if you ask me. Open seating, very clever and interesting seating (if you go you'll see what I mean).

The BBQ is great! If there's 2 of you, try the Texas Sampler; for 4-6 there's the Family Platter; both of those let you sample several meats and sides. This is a meat lover stop, btw. Though, amazingly the BBQ Beans are vegitarian and the fries are very good (we do have a vegitarian in the family) and the salad looked as fresh as the Olive Garden salad.

Details: The Beef Brisket was excellent; the chef/owner is from Austin TX (I asked) and he gets some great smoky flavor into everything. The chicken was also great, with that deep in smoke flavor. The only thing I didn't really like was the pulled pork; I'm not much of a pork guy; but that did lack the taste of the others; it only had some light smoke flavor, and not much flavor of it's own; but that's what the several BBQ sauces from original mild, to smoky sweet or the spicy.

Like I said, I'm not much of a pork guy; but I have to say I tried a pork rib and it was delicious, no sauce required!

The scenery in Huntsville is nice in the summer or winter; walk your meal off around the park across the street. I give this two greasy, sauce laden, ready-for-licking-thumbs-up!