“Access road a problem”

Powder Mountain SKi Resort
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I will concur with other reviewers about the slow chair lifts, tired looking base lodge, not so dramatic terrain, very reasonable ticket prices and fantastic powder. My gripe is with the access road from Eden to the ski area. Car rental agencies do not allow chains on their vehicles. Chains are required for most vehicles when the road condition to the base lodge is "red." Unless you pay $1000+ bucks a week for a full size SUV, your options on getting to PM in bad weather are few. There is a bus from Ogden, but that puts you on their time schedule getting to and from the mountain. I'm on vacation, I want to be on the slopes, not waiting for a crowded bus. So if the weather is bad, unless you have a real 4WD vehicle, don't risk the access road. Go to Snow basin instead and come back to Powder Mountain on a better day. I don't say this lightly, Powder mountain is my favorite ski area in Utah, I just wish the road up was better maintained by the town / state / ski area.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great unknown mountain. Wounderful powder, but chairs and food still mom and pop not modern up to date

Reviewed February 5, 2013

The pipe was very bad. It had very poor shaping to it. Also the facilities were very dirty. The park also needs to be maintained better too.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I visited Powder Mountain with a few friends for a day of back country cat skiing. While the entire operation was pretty well run and the snow conditions were decent, the lack of overall snow coverage meant that we were restricted to skiing some fairly low angle, easy, and dare I say it, boring terrain. Our guides were fun to be with and did a good job of attempting to make it interesting for us, as we are all very experienced, strong powder skiers. Another drawback is that we were saddled with 7 unexperienced snowboarders in our group who had difficulty navigating the gentle slopes on their equipment. Therefore we spent far too much time waiting for them to catch up or navigate their way through the woods where we were spending the bulk of our time. The lunch that was provided consisted of a sandwich, a bag of chips, and a cold drink. On the day we were there the average high temp was 4 degrees F. A thermos of of coffee or chocolate would have been a welcome treat, but sadly there was none. I would consider going back if the operators would be able to take us to more challenging terrain. I think it would have been appropriate for them to have told us in advance what the limitations would be. At $425 per person this is not exactly a cheap day on the mountain.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Best powder you will find anywhere. It is a fine place to ski. You will not find the fancy restaurants here, it is all about the skiing. You won't go hungry or thirsty! There are places on top and below to eat. Can't wait to go back!