“Decent Greek fast food, but far too salty”
Review of Dasks

Dasks
Ranked #13 of 48 Restaurants in Holladay
Utah
“Decent Greek fast food, but far too salty”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This apparently popular walk-up spot serves mostly Greek choices with a smile and cordial service. We both had Greek chicken items and found the meat to be nicely marinated, but too salty for our taste. One of us had rice, and that one wished neither had ordered the rice! It was soggy from the start, and had an overwhelming lemon flavor, and then was too salty on top of that. We considered it inedible. The side salads were fresh and cold with a pleasant dressing. We agreed that for us this would be a one-time-only visit as we consider other local Greek fast-food places to be more to our liking.

• Visited May 2013

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Greek Food”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I always love to eat at Dask's. I love the gyros, dolmathes, kebobs, salad, rice, pita bread, rice pudding, and baklava! The atmosphere is casual, and take out is available. I've been a customer since Jorge's parents had their restaurant downtown. The paintings of Greece reflect the origins of the food and are delightful to see.

• Visited September 2012
Holladay, Utah
“One of the best!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Jorgie serves up an amazing gyro and his other Greek items are excellent. My wife likes the Spanakopita and I like the egg lemon rice. Nice atmosphere with a Greek twist. Two large screen TV's. Service is excellent.

• Visited December 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Greek Food”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Overall, very good and fast Greek food. The atmosphere does not do justice to how food the good tastes.

Visited September 2012
Provo, Utah, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,115 helpful votes
“Average Greek Cuisine (maybe caught them on a bad day?)”
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Stopped by to grab some lunch. Having recently returned from Greece I was very excited to try the place. I walked in and loved the paintings of Athens, the ruins, and scenes of the Greek aisles all over the walls. I ordered the Spanakopita Plate (around $8) which came with the choice of two sides. I chose the rice, and the French fries...my mom wasn't with me so why should I eat salad right? I also ordered the lamb gyros and a side order of the baklava....

The young lady at the counter told me to grab the baklava out if the refrigerator, which was my first clue it wasn't very fresh. The second clue was the semi stale taste. It was $3.75 I believe for the tiny little jangle I received. It was not what I was hoping for, and didn't nearly measure up to any of the baklava in Greece, fresh, still warm, and drenched in the sweet syrup/honey.

Waiting for the food wasn't long at all. It was brought out quickly. Portion-wise it was good, large helping if th Erica and frenchfries and a large piece of the Spanakopita (steaming!). The gyros also looked very good. I chose to eat the gyros first. The yoghurt sauce/tzatziki was not what I am accustomed too. It wasn't bad, but I prefer the more traditional version. This kind had small pieces of carrot, and a hint of garlic. The lamb meat was good, and the pita warm and slightly toasty as well.

The Spanakopita was disappointing. I'm a cheese lover (grew up in Wisconsin), but I felt the dish had too much of the cheesy/egg portion and not enough of the spinach/vegetable portion. The filo dough was flaky and delicious though.

Overall I may return to try again just because it's Greek food which I love and I hope I just caught them at a bad time. I won't get the baklava again though....probably will be disappointed with any and all Baklava until I return to the Aegean peninsula again!

19 Thank Ammon C