“A Perfect Evening”

Franck's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Franck's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Holladay
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6200 South
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband and I have had the pleasure of dining at Franck's on a number of occasions and have always found it to be a refreshing change from other local upscale restaurants. This past weekend we brought a couple of friends who have recently moved here from France and all they could do was rave about the meal. They kept saying, "Who would have thought that you could find something so French in the heart of Utah?" It is French without the fuss. Franck's has just the right amount of American homeyness and French flair to make your meal memorable and cosy.

The menu changes daily but no matter what you order you are in for unique and delicious dishes. The sauces do have a tendency to lean a little to the sweet side so keep that in mind when ordering. That being said, it wasn't enough to stop us from ordering desserts which were exceptional as well.

Everyone, from the valet parking attendant to the wait staff and on to the manger, was happy and welcoming.

The only hiccup was the timing of our appetizers. Everything came out at a different time so we we were either waiting while our food got cold or we were eating in front of each other. Like I said, it was a small detail given the great rest of the evening.

Definitely give it a try!

1  Thank Aglaure

Reviewed November 8, 2013

all dishes we had from appetizers of mushroom and brussel sprouts to soup and salad to main entree, all were very sweet. They pride themselves on unique sauces that they claim you can eat like a soup. They did taste pretty good but its because it is sweet. The Grouper (Hawaiian sea bass) was spongy and chewy and tasted like it had been frozen but they claim it was fresh, I didn't finish it due to the consistency and taste. I have had excellent Grouper at other restaurants so I know that the consistency is pleasant and it normally tastes better. My friend order the Scallops and he said they melted in his mouth, I tasted them and they were tasty but the dish was also very sweet. The Carrot cake was had unique presentation but doesn't taste like Carrot cake and it was also too sweet. We won't be returning

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I have had the opportunity to return to Franck's several more times since my review in 2012 and have been consistently impressed with what it has to offer. Our most recent dining experience, a wine dinner featuring four Piedmontese wines paired with delicious courses, prompted me to write this five-star review.

What I'm appreciating most about Franck's, compared to similarly-priced restaurants in SLC I've visited this past year, is the attention to the *entire* dining experience that management is paying. This was really apparent during the wine dinner, which was extremely well-run and very enjoyable. We particularly appreciated that there were enough waitstaff on hand to deliver 40+ meals at almost the same time, that the management/ownership was present and floating throughout the meals checking in on diners, and that the vintner & importer did a nice job educating us about the wines, both to the group and at each individual table. The presence of former Utah Jazz star Mark Eaton (who is associated with Tuscany and perhaps also Franck's) was a very nice touch - he stopped by and said hello to every diner. These personal touches helped to elevate an expensive meal into a real event for us. We are eagerly anticipating the next wine dinner Franck's holds.

The food has been uniformly excellent during the meals we've had this past year and the setting continues to shine. All in all, a great place to dine.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Extremely expensive Meatloaf and loud atmosphere takes Francks off my dining list. My dinner was ruined by the loudness and closeness of Francks. A table next to me of hoddie toddies had so much perfume on I could hardly taste my meal however I did get a strange effect when I bit into the meatloaf which was similar in consistency to steak tartare and I could of done without the experience. Another oddity about this restaurant was everyone was served basically around the same time, maybe because we arrived at opening I am no sure. They also fill up one part of the restaurant at a time to add to the weirdness. And lastly as if expensive meatloaf is not enough you have to pay for valet parking in a tiny lot that has a biker bar across the street. I would suggest a different location if you are looking for a nice dinner. Just as a side note there were no children present, it is very small quarters.

1  Thank LovingUtah
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Attended a wine tasting event here last night with friends. As one can expect from Franck's, the dining event was wonderful. From the ambience to the food and the wine, I have never I a bad experience here. In every season, Franck manages to do something superlative. I cannot recommend a restaurant more highly.

10  Thank pes7