“Quick dinner.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Murray, Utah
“Quick dinner.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is a place to go for a quick dinner. They are always busy but the table turnover is quick. The food is hit and miss. The last few times I have been here, the port tastes "off" or old. But the rest of the food was great. I think they give you a lot of food for one person on the combo plates. We split one! I like the waitress, she is a hard worker.

• Visited December 2013

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Hits and Misses”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We've ordered from here twice now, & the second time was disappointing, especially as our first order was quite enjoyable.

I will say the service is friendly and quick, and even the on premise diners appeared to be well tended by the wait staff. However, it would not be a choice for an eat-in restaurant for me--I did not find the ambiance one I'd enjoy...it didn't seem to fit either a neighborhood joint or a place for a relaxing, enjoyable night out.

The specialty fried rice dish was good- flavorful and full of chicken and shrimp as advertised. The Beef LoMein was also good; the beef was very tender--but it could have used more beef. After the first two helpings there was virtually none left in the box of noodles.

Sadly, the main event dish, the Peking Shrimp was not very good. It was a breaded, fried shrimp which wasn't what I expected, but that wasn't the issue. The problem was the coating was thick and soggy. It completely overpowered any flavor in the dish. This coating made it unappealing to look at as well as masking the shrimp and sauce flavor.

We will go back, but you can be sure that shrimp dish won't be on our selection list.

• Visited March 2013
St. George, Utah
“across street from hospital. coincidence??”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

the menu is just like 70 others in the valley and a couple million in the country. Nothing different. we had moo shu pork and szchechwan beef. Tried both egg drop and hot and sour soup. both acceptable but definately not exceptional. beef dish was OK but very greasy as was the egg roll. fried rice was OK. Moo shu was burned. and very greasy. Sent it back and waitress started to give me a lecture about black mushrooms. I am very familiar with wood ear (black fungus) and dried shitake mushrooms and bit into what she was calling a mushroom and showed her the hollow stem of a burned scallion. She had it redone without mushrooms. I decided that is wasn't worth bothering with. I ate 1/2 of mine and wife ate 1/3 of hers. Paid the bill and left. She assumed we are dolts and do not know chinese food. She doesn't suspect that I make my own dim sum and know how to prepare every dish on their menu but would be embarrased to serve what she gave us. Won't go back. most of the food that came out of the kitchen was take out orders although the cafe is clean and comfortable. If you are not fussy as to taste they serve large quanties at a fair price. I prefer quality to quantity

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Holladay, Utah
“Value, Freshness and Overall Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

I have enjoyed the food at the Dragon Diner for several years. We used to do takeout for lunch and dine-in for lunch and dinner as well. The food is exceptional, fresh and served piping hot. They are located nearby a local hospital and get a big lunch crowd. The lunch items include an appetizer, choice of soup and white or fried rice plus your entree item. They are all good. My favorite is General Tao's Chicken. They have numerous selections of beef, pork, chicken and seafood plus some great tofu entrees. The amazing thing to me is the prices as so reasonable. The owner is almost always on premises which I am sure makes the difference between good and excellent service and quality food.

• Visited December 2011
Rapid City, South Dakota
“favorite lunch spot in the neighborhood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

I love the great lunch specials. The service is always very good. The food is flavorful. However, I recommend sticking with the Chinese dishes. The Teriyaki is not very good. I love the General's chicken for its great blend of sweet and heat. The Mongolian beef is another favorite. It is very similar to SamPan in SLC, but at a much lower price

• Visited November 2011