“Extraordinary”
Review of Cafe Madrid

Cafe Madrid
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Madrid is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 47 Restaurants in Holladay
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2000 East
Description: The concept of Cafe Madrid is hundreds of years old. Exceptional food and world class service blended into an intimate, charming environment, providing a rich and memorable dining experience. Imported from Spain, this concept has become a reality for the people in the Salt Lake area.
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Extraordinary”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I went to Cafe Madrid with friends to celebrate my birthday. We arrived a bit late and without reservations, yet we were greated with smiles and the feeling that it was no problem at all. We were seated right away. This was my first experience at this restaurant, so I asked for suggestions from our waiter, Christopher. He told us his favorites as well as some dishes that were new, and not yet on the menu - creations of Chef Franck Piessel. Franck's dishes were my choice and I was not disappointed, the entire meal was amazing, as was the wine pairing. The portions were perfect and considering everything, I did not feel that the price was too high. The service was extrodinary, Chef Franck even checked on us personally and wished me a Happy Birthday. It couldn't have been Happier!

• Visited March 2014

Pleasant Grove, Utah
“Your Spanish home away from Home”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We went on Valentines Day, specifically for the ambiance, and great reviews on the food. It was SO busy, I did not really feel the ambiance I heard so much about. The food was fantastic and authentic. I am a picky eater and I still enjoyed every bit of it. When I called to place the reservation they did not have any times that worked for me. The manager found a way to work me in. Even with a reservation, we waited about 30-40 minutes to be seated. Our waitress seemed overwhelmed (accordingly) so I do not feel we got the service we normally would have received (based on other direct reviews from people). I definitely plan to visit again to see if I can get the full ambiance! I would not go again on a special holiday like this. This

• Visited February 2014
Salt Lake City
“Two Names and Wonderful Spanish Food”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This restaurant, Café Gaudi and Café Madrid, serves primarily authentic Spanish food. The breakfast and lunch menu is more than waffles and eggs, it is very Mediterranean and delicious. The service is exceptional, the coffee excellent and the price is very moderate for what you enjoy. Dinners are a bit more expensive, but well worth the cost. I especially enjoy the lamb and baked chicken. The soups and tapas are authentic and the service is not rushed. It is quiet enough so you can converse with your friends and the tables and chairs are very comfortable. This is my favorite restaurant in the Salt Lake City area and giving this review is a pleasure.

• Visited March 2014
SLC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Lunch at Cafe Gaudi in Cafe Madrid”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The restaurant is charming and cozy. The staff is friendly, helpful and provide excellent service. The lunch menu selection is varied. My friend and I shared two vegetarian selections that were both out of this world delicious! We were disappointed that the portions are very small. Neither of us would bring our spouses/guys here for lunch. Considering the small entree size, I think that the prices are steep. The food is so good, I wish that they would consider larger portions!

• Visited January 2014
Salt Lake City
“Good food, but overpriced”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were a party of 3 adults. The food was good, but I've had better similar food. The price was about $150 for the three of us, which for the quality, I would say the value was poor. The service was quite good, but we had to wait longer than I would have expected, especially because the restaurant was maybe 30% full. I think we waited 10 minutes to be seated.

I might go there again, but only if going there to meet someone that wanted to go there. If left up to me I would probably choose someplace else that was as good for less, or even better for less.

• Visited April 2013