“Very convenient to the slopes!”

Hyatt Place Salt Lake City/Cottonwood
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Holladay
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed here on Christmas Eve and found the room very nice with a very comfortable bed. The complimentary breakfast was quite good with plenty to choose from. I was impressed with the 24/7 menu which offered some healthy options without leaving the hotel. Located just a few blocks from Big Cottonwood Canyon Road. 20 minutes to some of the best skiing on earth! Very pleasant employees who were extremely helpful during our short stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I've never had a bad stay at a Hyatt Place, and this was no exception. The property is new, clean and fresh and has all the comforts you'd expect- including a great hot breakfast. The room was a bit small compared to other Hyatt Place locations I've stayed at, but was still reasonably spacious. Decor is fresh and modern.

One odd occurrence- A member of the housekeeping staff entered our room before 9AM with a look on his face that said "I didn't know anybody was staying in this room" I was up and ready for the day otherwise it would have been much more awkward. Otherwise a fantastic stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jolpin, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City/Cottonwood, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review our property. I am pleased that you had a wonderful stay. Thank you also for letting us know about housekeeping. I will follow up to ensure this doesn't happen in the future.

Safe travels,

Jeff Olpin

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Fantastic hospitality. I spent 2 months at the hotel with my family. It's a true home away from home experience. The staff is extremely helpful & courteous. Would love to come back here . Everything is taken care of & we had a fabulous stay .

Highly recommend travelers to experience a stay at the Hyatt Place, Cottonwood !
- Aribijay

Room Tip: Rooms are available with a scenic view of the snow capped mountains or a view of the city.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We spent two nights in the Hyatt Place Salt Lake City / Cottonwood. This is a fairly new hotel, so you would expect it to be nice and clean which it is. Staff was very attentive and pleasant to be around. They were very helpful. The room was good size and modern, and they had an excellent breakfast, everything very fresh and clean. The room rates were reasonable. The room service was good, and the cleaning staff was friendly and thorough. When we return to SLC area, we would very definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed her for 2 nights in early November and could not have been more pleased.
Our King Bed room was enormous and could have slept four. There was a wonderful mountain view and the room was quiet. We were especially impressed with the complimentary breakfast, much better than usual. Although this is nit a full service hotel, the staff were friendly and helpful.
This is a very new hotel. We hope it maintains its very high quality.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon. The staff was really accommodating. I worked with the scheduling department for part of our wedding to be held here as well. The rooms were spacious and well kept as they should be for a new hotel. All the amenities were top notch. We tried out the hot tub and found it delightful. Excellent views overlooking the city and so close to the canyons and ski resorts. My wife loved their continental breakfast! An excellent stay!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I stay in all kinds of hotels 3-5 stars all over the country. This was my first experience with a Hyatt place - but it won't be my last! Great service, wonderful common spaces, the room was spacious and modern. The staff was especially friendly and breakfast yummy.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holladay
Residence Inn Salt Lake City Cottonwood
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Cottonwood
Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Sandy
Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown
10 mi away
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City
Alta's Rustler Lodge

Been to Hyatt Place Salt Lake City/Cottonwood? Share your experiences!