Residence Inn Salt Lake City Cottonwood
Official Hotel
$63
Hotels.com
$95
All reviewspark citysolitude and brightonbedroom suiteski tripeasy accessfull kitchenapres skiwithin walking distancehot tubgreat location for skiingfree breakfastminute drivenice propertysalt lake cityclose proximitybreakfast each morningrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The reason I gave a 4 versus a 3, is because of the customer service. The staff we very attentive and nice. The hotel is under some renovation, but as of right now it is a bit outdated and somewhat confusing. The location and view can't be beat, and the breakfast was good an consistant.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I check in around 9:45pm tonight and find one of the young male houseman staff in blue logo golf shirt using the lobby guest internet. The hotel is under renovations and definitely dusty. The front desk girl is perky and attentive. I check into my second floor room a mile away and it's a furnace - the auto temp gauge reads 72 degrees and it's 88 degrees at least. The houseman comes by with new keys and it's interesting to note that he is wearing flip flops . . . . really? - Marriotts propganda reads - we take care of the details - you can expect your stay to be extra special - on the fridge it proudly states - our success is met by exceeding your expectations. . . . period.

In this hotel they put the a/c real close to the bed so you hear it click in and out all night - I bring ear plugs for this reason and recommend you bring some along if staying here.

I wonder if the General Manager will read and respond to this review - period? They have not respnded to any of the other reviews I was reading before putting mine down. I travel constanty and come across this type of slack variance to the level of service and guest experience that is promised - Mariott talks about being an expert at taking care of the details . . . well no expert was here tonight to see the staff using up the lobby internet and a staff member wearing flip flops? There is an opportunity here to refocus on assisting future hard working late arriving travel business people like me who all we really want is a clean comfortable temperature room and a staff that do not take liberties as was observed tonight.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here in a two bedroom suite for a wedding. My husband, myself, our 2 year old, and two friends shared the room easily. The full kitchen was stocked with cooking equipment. The facilities were great. The thing we most appreciated was that we drove overnight to get to SLC at 9 AM so our daughter would sleep through the car ride. We got to the hotel to ask them recommendations for places to eat breakfast and they let us eat at the hotel for free! Then they even let us into our room right then and there! What a blessing to have a bed to nap in!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We are a family on a long trip who after 7 days in Vegas would need a more "homely" hotel.

This hotel was picked due to the fact it provided 2 bedrooms, a lounge and a full kitchen....and I know it's a little due but laundry facilities.

We got lucky, this hotel is friendly if you have time to talk to all the staff. We were very much made to feel at home.

We did not use services such as ordering the groceries we needed for the week but what we did use was perfect for our needs.

Complimentary breakfast is perfect for us. Cereal, yoghurt, hot food, pastries, hot and cold drinks.

Evening meal and lunch is a 5 minute walk or 1min drive and children welcome in the bar "bout time"... A very friendly bar and Zupos across the road is good for sandwiches, salads and soups.

The hotel is perfect if you have a car, it is 15 mins from Downtown and the driving is easy even
for this Brit.

Pool area is just fine for a swim and cool down after a day of sight seeing and the gym has 2 running machines, weights and a cross trainer .....very fit for use.

Having read other reviews, I have to say this hotel is perfect for a family travelling. I have travelled all over the world on business and this would also meet all my work needs, so best of both worlds.

overall, thank you Cottonwood.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was a very average Residence Inn for me so I would normally have given it 3 stars. However, this property deserves an extra star for location and view. I love the mountain view I had, and the proximity to a great walking trail with a fast moving river.

I am an East Coast traveler, so the uniqueness of this location was great.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business