“Excellent, yummy, worth a visit”

Layla Mediterranean Grill & Mezze
Ranked #4 of 54 Restaurants in Holladay
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

I am not a qualified connoisseur of Mediterranean fare, but this was good food. I started off with the clam chowder and it was wonderful, although it was salty. For the main course I had the Moroccan Chicken. This is one of the signature dishes and it too was excellent, although I was disappointed that it did not come with fries. This may seem odd for a Mediterranean restaurant, but their fries are great too. Fortunately my wife’s dish was the Musahhen and it does come with fries. She loved it also. My son had the catch of the day which was salmon and it looked great. He really enjoyed it.
The atmosphere is intimate and the lighting is low. The staff is very nice. The restroom was very small.
I was impressed with Layla and will certainly be back.

Reviewed September 10, 2017

I just tried this restaurant for the first time. We went for lunch during the week, and there were only a handful of customers in there, so it was pretty quiet. I don't have a ton of experience with Mediterranean food, so I was excited to try something different. I ordered the Moroccan Chicken (normally a dinner-only item that they were offering as a lunch special) and from the first bite, it was WONDERFUL! The flavors were so complex yet amazing. The couscous was so smooth and tender. The chicken was cooked perfectly. Everything just worked together so well, my mouth is practically watering just thinking about it now. ;) The person I was there with ordered the chicken kabob platter, and it looked great! The portions are very generous, and everything just looks/smells/tastes amazing. Highly recommend! Looking forward to going back and trying some more of their dishes!

1  Thank Kylee D
Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

Been coming here for years and we're never disappointed. The menu never changes so if you find something you like... I find the specials don't necessarily change much either. ☺ The food and flavors and service are very good. The food is fresh and hot. Always consistent. Good vegan and vegetarian optiins.

1  Thank Judy T
Reviewed July 28, 2017

I recently took my sister for her Birthday lunch. We both had outstanding food and we each ordered a different Lebonese wine. The wine was very good and paired nicely with our meals. Service was very good. I think almost all employees made sure we were good as they walked by either pouring more water, taking an extra plate etc. It was overall a wonderful experience. I was introduced to Layla when my daughter was a vegan. It does have great vegan choices also.

1  Thank Donnis M
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Roll and fries are great, and I haven't had a main dish yet I haven't liked.
The Musakhen and the Curry are good.

1  Thank allen46