“Great find! Interesting food”

Layla Mediterranean Grill & Mezze
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Holladay
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I happened upon this restaurant on tripadvisor and took my wife out on a date. It was fairly busy so I recommend booking, even weekdays.
The atmosphere was great and we felt very comfortable.
The menu had a good selection of typical Mediterranean dishes such as tabouli and hummus, shwarma and kabobs. Their drinks included wines from Lebanon as well as mint tea.
First we tried the Baba Ganoush. Personally I didn't think it was great, it was excessively smokey flavored.
My lamb kabob was great, very tender with a great yoghurt dipping sauce.
Dessert was a baklava which I found fairly good washed down with mint tea - although they cheated by using a tea bag and not enough fresh leaves.
Service was great and prices all in all reasonable.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

A very nice, family-owned neighborhood establishment. Very attentive, personal service. The food was very good, but not the best Mediterranean food in the Salt Lake City area. Reasonably priced, tasty, and a convenient location. They accept reservations, which is a big plus. I would definitely return, but it's not at the top of my list.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Layla is a neighborhood-style restaurant with an inviting, relaxing vibe and a classy feel to it. They serve a full range of Mediterranean dishes. The Muhammara Walnut Spread was a rich, savory twist on hummus and the Moroccan Lamb Shank was fall-off-the-bone tender, juicy goodness. A full restaurant review with photos is on my blog (the link is in my profile).

Reviewed November 19, 2013

A fantastic gem tucked away in a beautiful neighborhood! The ambiance was warm and inviting, the servers were fantastic and the food was absolutely to die for! I had the nights special, Moroccan Chicken. It was so good that I was actually excited to eat the left overs the next day! I was hesitant to order the Cave Kouroum Kefraya Petit Noir (Lebanon) but was pleasantly surprised by it's subtle flavors that paired well with my entree. My dining partner and I had two mezzas (small appetizers), drinks and entrees and got out the door for $60.

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

The food is amazing. The service is perfect. The ambiance is intimate. We love to go there as often as possible. It is wonderful.