“Worth driving to eat here!!”

Balance Rock Eatery and Pub
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Helper
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Morgan UT
“Worth driving to eat here!!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The atmosphere is so neat, lots of charm and history. Very well maintained older building in a historical district that is so worth seeing! The service was great, and the breakfast was amazing!! My husband has also eaten here for lunch on the way home from a business trip, and said the sandwiches were so good!! Really a hidden gem in a very small town that you shouldn't miss!!

• Visited September 2012

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Balance Rock”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My wife and I stopped in for an early dinner while on the way home from Grand Junction. I indulged in a Dagwood Sandwich (haven't seen a Dagwood any menu for a long time) while my wife treated herself to a Philly Steak sandwich. Both were magnificent. We both subbed the fries for a dinner salad, it was the best dinner salad ever. However, after seeing the fries severed with someone else’s order, I thought, I should have had fries (they looked soooo scrumptious). We will be making Balance Rock our regular place to eat when we travel through the area. Oh and the people there were totally awesome. The ambiance of the building and approach of the people set was great.

• Visited September 2012
Layton, Utah
“Not gourmet,but good quality staples”
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Simple meat based menu. Nothing creative. But good quality food, nothing fancy. The historic building is very interesting. Great live music. Service friendly

American Fork, Utah
“The first True Art City at it's finest!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was visiting Helper, Utah with work appoinments. I started at Happiness Within fine beverages, happens to be owned by the same folks and just across the street. Cindi and Clay were very hospitable, and even provided tours for me and my friends. Only the 4th owners of this historic building. Local folks were also fun and willing to show railroad secret tunnels and the ghost enhabited sites.

I have always enjoyed my meals here. Angel the lady chef makes fine soups,sauces, and menu specials. Angel the man chef can create inexpensive pancakes bigger than my fat head. This is a must see. Watch for car shows, art festivals, and chritmas themed city entertainment.

• Visited August 2012
Sandy, Utah
“Good Breakfast/Good Dinner”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Breakfast here is always good and plentiful. The dinner specials are always worth ordering.

Visited April 2012