Daniels Summit Lodge
Holiday Inn Express Heber City(Heber City)(Great Value!)
$108
$70
Best Western Plus Heber Valley Hotel(Heber City)(Great Value!)
$123
Swiss Alps Inn(Heber City)(Great Value!)
$96
$91
$220
  • Pool
All reviewsget awaygift shopgeneral storehorseback ridingelectric fireplacegroomed trailslove this placerocking chairsplay gamesfamily suitemile loopon site restaurantmountain settingpool and hot tubprivate balconyrustic cabinhot chocolate
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Although I had a really great time, the experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth because of all the hidden costs. My spouse and I went with the intention of sharing a snowmobile. However what they didn't tell me until I was there was that not only did I have to go with the more expensive snowmobile to accommodate a second person, they also charged an extra 50 bucks. Another thing they don't advertise is that they charge almost 5 dollars a gallon for the gas you use. The whole thing ended up costing well over a hundred dollars more than I anticipated.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank doctorrich
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Our ski instructor recommended this place to us. A shuttle picked us up from our place and drove us back. Did the 4 hour option which for two is close to $600 (with lunch). Pretty expensive, but the trail is really nice, there are places to go off the track for more experienced drivers. Views are breathtaking at the top of the major trail. I was very happy, only thing is that 4 hours was sort of overkill, but two would have just enough, am applying towards inexperienced snowmobilers. I didn't regret anything and highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TalleyrandNYC
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My annual ski trip to Park City in January had an unexpected surprise at Daniels Summit Snowmobile Trails. I'm a regular sledder in Minnesota.... mainly on trails and lakes and decided on a whim to check out options to sled in the Park City area and take a day off from the ski slopes. BEST decision I made was taking the advice of some Park City locals who suggested the 45 minute trip past Heber City to Daniels Summit Lodge. Easy to get to and I arrived at 8am on a Monday morning after making a reservation the day before via a quick phone call. as a single experienced rider, I was pleased to be able to rent the Polaris machine only and not needing a guide. Weather was perfect with full sunshine and little wind. The trails are about 10 feet wide, groomed and you connect right from the rental shop. Total miles of trails through the trees and up the glades and mountains is around 45. The main trail is 26 miles and there is a few side trails available. Plenty of glades, bowls and off trail terrain to keep my adrenaline running strong for the 4 hour rental. I worked the 550 cc Polaris sled hard and it performed well.
What would a review be without a comment about the SERVICE?.......I can't tell you how pleased I was with the interaction of the 3 staff members I had the pleasure to deal with. Dave and Brandon ran the rental shop and we excellent sources of advice on getting the most out of my day. I was lucky enough to tag along with Dave (who got to take Brandon's Sled) out for a check of an unmarked trail into a monster canyon that was breathtaking and had a blast pushing my sled to the limit. Thanks Guys!!!
Lastly there was the woman who ran the lodge, payments and gift shop. She was very affable, warm and willing to help me make the most out of my day. She is also a new fan of the author Lee Child since the night before she saw the movie Jack Reacher which is based on a Novel by the author. Expect to spend about $200 for this trip including gas.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2013

A friend and myself had rented snowmobiles from a different company and were riding in the area. We had thought we would stop at Daniels Summit for lunch. We stopped a little earlier in the day for a restroom break. I saw on the restroom door that it was for customers only. So I made sure to buy some snacks.

We sat on a bench in the rental gear area to plane where we were going next. An employee came in, I think maybe the owner. He asked us if the two sleds on the hill were ours. We said they were. He said "Well you didn't rent them for me, and I don't want to make a place in here for you". I was put off a little and said "Ok, we'll head out. I made sure to buy these snacks from you though". He very rudely replied "Yeah, I make 10 cents on those". My friend told him that we were intending on buying lunch there later in the day, and he shrugged clearly saying that he didn't care.

Incredibly rude. I was going to tell my family to check out the place. Certainly not anymore.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank Daniel H
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My two sons (19.5 and 14) and I came up for an afternoon of snowmobiling. We hand no previous experience. The rental process was easy, quick and informative. We took one single and one double, as the age limit for driving on your own is 16.
The lodge has a large parcel of land that is private and you can ride on a 20+ mile loop that take about 2 hours. You ride on your own pace, without being rushed or slowed down by a guide or other riders so it is realy nice.
The views are out of the world. We could see for miles around, several peaks and vallys, beatiful.
There are several locations on the way where you can go off the groomed trail and play a bit with the machine although for those who are not experienced,I would caution that it is like riding a three wheeler ..... Not too steady.
After two hours we controlled the machines a bit better and had some fun before returning to the lodge. There is a flat area a couple of mile at the end of the official trail where you can go free.
As all snowmobile rides, it is a bit pricy but worth it.
The girls at the counter were great, as they didn't charge me for my 14 YO rider( normaly extra) and waived our 30 min coming in late.
Definitly gave us a good feeling coming back.
Highly recommended!