My two sons (19.5 and 14) and I came up for an afternoon of snowmobiling. We hand no previous experience. The rental process was easy, quick and informative. We took one single and one double, as the age limit for driving on your own is 16.
The lodge has a large parcel of land that is private and you can ride on a 20+ mile loop that take about 2 hours. You ride on your own pace, without being rushed or slowed down by a guide or other riders so it is realy nice.
The views are out of the world. We could see for miles around, several peaks and vallys, beatiful.
There are several locations on the way where you can go off the groomed trail and play a bit with the machine although for those who are not experienced,I would caution that it is like riding a three wheeler ..... Not too steady.
After two hours we controlled the machines a bit better and had some fun before returning to the lodge. There is a flat area a couple of mile at the end of the official trail where you can go free.
As all snowmobile rides, it is a bit pricy but worth it.
The girls at the counter were great, as they didn't charge me for my 14 YO rider( normaly extra) and waived our 30 min coming in late.
Definitly gave us a good feeling coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For some of the best lodging in Utah, try Daniels Summit Lodge. Here you can enjoy the beauties of the Uinta National forest while getting in some unique experiences and activities to make your trip unforgettable, like snowmobile rentals and tours right in Utah. This beautiful Utah country lodge has the look and feel of a log cabin nestled deep in the woods. There are so many activities you can do during your stay. Take advantage of the local activities that Utah has to offer like skiing, snowshoeing and snowmobiling if you visit us during the winter months. Looking for Utah snowmobile tours? We provide some of the best in the state! If you plan to visit Utah during the summer, you can explore the beauties of nature while horseback riding or switch it up and rent one of our Jeep Wranglers for a different kind of ride. When you are done, come back to the lodge and relax from your activities in our day spa. We offer a number of different massage services that will help you get rid of stress and feel rejuvenated. During your stay, you can eat at our own Lodge Pole Grill to get a real taste of country whether it is breakfast, lunch or dinner. Daniels Summit Lodge is one way to experience Utah in a way like never before. Come and stay with us and we will make sure you have a wonderful time enjoying a part of Utah that you may not have seen before. Don’t forget our legendary Utah Snowmobile Rentals when you book your winter vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Daniels Summit Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daniels Summit Hotel Heber City
- Summit Heber City
- Heber City Summit
- Daniels Summit Lodge Heber City, Utah