“Good burgers & shakes”
Review of Granny's Drive In

Granny's Drive In
Ranked #19 of 65 Restaurants in Heber City
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stopped through on the way home from our vacation. The burgers were OK, but not the best I have ever had. The shakes were huge. We ordered a small and the ice cream was sticking out way over the cup. We were looking for a burger & shake place and think this one hit the spot. One downside is that there is not a lot of space to wait while ordering. The outside seating is nice if you can find a shady spot.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This property is only open in the summer. It is a great place to stop and get a fresh peach or berry shake as you head into the mountains on a summer day.

Shakes are thick and "over the top" of the cup. If you can agree on a flavor, buy one and share it. There is a lot of shake in that cup!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Famous for shakes and burgers, Granny's is an institution in Heber City. It's our favorite stop after fly fishing on the nearby Provo river.

My favorite is the bacon cheeseburger--a generous burger with flavor that only comes from fresh, quality ingredients.

While I'm not much for shakes, Granny's offers a long list of flavors of their above the rim specialty.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

June 24, 2012. We decided to take a ride on the Harley. Since few places are open in Heber on Sunday, we decided to try this place.
Shakes - The much vaunted shakes are soft serve ice cream with stuff mixed in. My wife asked for Strawberries for her mix in, I asked for berry burst. What it actually was was plain old vanilla soft serve with stuff mixed in. I thought mine might have been berry pie filling.. my wifes strawberries, all three of them were real. If you like soft serve ice cream, you MIGHT like the shakes. To me, a real shake has real ice cream.

Burgers - Both of us ordered a bacon cheese burger with Swiss. The bacon was cooked as it should be. The patties were pretty thin. I am imagining 1/8th lb, maybe. I folded mine over twice and I could still read the newspaper (ok, slight exaggeration) They advertise Utah Beef. If so, these are some seriously pathetic cows.

Fries- They looked good not tiny straw fries, sort of like five guys. However, ours were under cooked, so not that delicious.
Cost - $24.00
There are better places, with better burgers. I won't be back.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

What a bad experience. The guy behind the cash, whom a local told me was the manager, was rudely yelling at customers. This created an atmosphere if anxiety and discomfort for the whole restaurant. Unacceptable. The food is nothing special, overrated and takes forever. Don't waste your time at this place

1  Thank Vasc007