“Good and old”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Heber City
Gouda, The Netherlands
“Good and old”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights just to get used to the time difference we got from our flight. The room was big and the balcony was very nice. The kitchen we had was Nice and clean. The old chairs and couch need to be replaced. The pool is great and gives you good views!

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I've just returned from my second visit at the Lodge at Stillwater. My first visit was a year ago. I didn't really choose to stay here either time but had the trip booked for me by one of the condo owners. Some of these reviews warn that this is not a full service hotel-- to be honest, I didn't realize it was supposed to be a hotel at all until near the end of my second trip. If you go in expecting that you are staying in someone's part-time rental apartment with no amenities then you will like it-- the area is scenic and the rooms are clean and well appointed. If you are looking for a hotel experience with even minimal amenities you will be sorely disappointed. (My understanding is that some of the rooms are dedicated guest rooms and not someone's vacated apartment style condo, but my point is that the experience is the same.)

It is hard to find staff at this place. This visit, I arrived at about 6pm and sat in the lobby for almost an hour waiting for someone to check me in. There is a small bar/restaurant that was closed for my entire first visit. On that trip, I ended up without a car for my first day and night (long story and obviously not the fault of the Lodge) and after walking miles and miles for many hours, I finally ended up going to sleep with a growling stomach while clutching a bag of stale corn nuts which was one of the only things left in a basement vending machine. Again, this is not the fault of the Lodge, but you should know what you are getting into and plan accordingly.

For this visit, the bar was open, and my understanding was that they served food, but I had come prepared with my own groceries and didn't get to try it. It was empty though-- I assume that if I went in and sat down, a waitperson would appear.

In summary, the Lodge at Stillwater, is clean, nicely furnished, in a beautiful location, and convenient to Park City, however, service and amenities are all but non-existent. It is definitely not a "resort" and I'm not sure it could even qualify as a hotel. If you book a room with this understanding you will love it. It is a nice peaceful getaway.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
7 Thank flamingette
Reviewed June 9, 2014

When we aririved at 6:00 PM aafriday
welcomed by a nive desk person unfortunitly no one to help with luggage
we were profided a cart to handle our luggage

the air conditioner in our room made loud noice
no one available to fix it untill Saterday morning
We called the desk at 8;30 next morningno answer
we were told no one at desk untill 10:00 AM

we needed ice and discoverd our refrigerater ahad no ice tray and no automatic maker
we were told to go to ice machine on our floor
we then discoverd it did not work
reported to fron desk
on Monday asked new person at desk about ice maker repair
she know nothing babout it put would check
reported thery had a service company comeing Tuesday to fix it
nice property in good location
no managment unfortuntily that understands how to operate a resoret
maybe some day some one with how to operate resort will take charge

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joel C
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is the second year we have had a fundraiser at the Lodge at Stillwater. Our events always seem to go so well. The staff was great to work with the many changes we had and followed through with promises they made. They recently had a change in management, and despite a few hiccups, everything worked out with a little bit of extra communication. We got there and everything was ready to go as planned which made the event even more seamless.

MiKaela, the event coordinator, was there the entire time to help make the event run smoothly. She was very easy to contact for any changes or follow-up that we needed. We would definitely recommend holding any sort of events at the Lodge. It is a beautiful space fit for a wide variety of events.

Thank you Parker Brown Property Management and the Lodge at Stillwater for allowing us to have another successful event at the Lodge!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Saratoga Springs, Utah
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My daughter and I took a mid week break from daily life to relax at the lodge. The front desk staff were extremely helpful and kind. The room was beautiful and the views were amazing! We used the hot tubs and exercise room. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LMTJenny
Laramie, Wyoming
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed 2 nights at the Lodge at Stillwater for a wedding. While the wedding was fantastic, I was extremely disappointed with the customer service offered by this establishment.

To begin, when my husband called to make a reservation, he was told that he would have a confirmation emailed to him. After waiting a week or so for said confirmation to arrive, he called back, confirmed they did indeed have the correct email address and was again told a confirmation would be emailed to him. Again, nothing. After several more calls, we FINALLY received an email confirmation nearly a month later. This should have been a sign....

Upon arrival, the front desk staff (while not outright hostile) was certainly apathetic, but we received our room keys and were told that the bill would be taken care of with the credit card on file (from the reservation). We had booked a two-room suite to share with another couple in the wedding, and the rooms were nice enough, although nothing spectacular. However when my husband went to turn on the TV in the main room, he discovered that there was no HDMI cable connecting the TV to the receiver. When he went to let the front desk know (and to ensure we weren't charged for it)....he was again met with more apathy. We never did get a replacement cable.

This set the tone for the rest of the trip. In helping set up for the wedding, we found the front desk staff to honestly be the least helpful they could possibly be, not to mention their perpetual nasty attitude.

I will say that the event planner who was helping with the wedding WAS phenomenal. She was cheerful, helpful, and personable. She really did an absolutely fantastic job, and was there cleaning up at the end of the night with the same chipper attitude and happy smile that she had worn at the beginning of the day. We were very impressed with her, as well as with the bartender who worked the wedding.

Finally, as a culmination of the really terrible customer service that seems to be the norm with the Lodge at Stillwater, two days after we returned from the trip, my husband received a call saying from someone at the front desk claiming that they 'must have entered the credit card information incorrectly' because it wouldn't run. When told this seemed slightly fishy to us, the representative on the phone informed us that she would 'take us to small claims court'. My (nicer than I am) husband re-gave her the credit card information, and we have since found out that something similar happened to at least 3 other groups staying at the Lodge for a wedding. Apparently incompetence as well as rudeness are what Stillwater employees are trained in.

Also, despite the lovely pictures on the website, this place is not situated prettily against the lake or nestled against the hillside. Rather it is right off the highway, as in our room gave us a lovely view of cars traveling by. Overall extremely disappointing.

I can't say I would recommend this place for it's location while I absolutely can say I would NEVER recommend anyone stay here due to its shoddy practices with credit cards as well as its abysmal customer service.

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: My suggestion would be to choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank M C
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We had our wedding at this lodge. Apparently they had a management change and they didn't even notify us. We found out when we called to ask why our guests couldn't reserve a room there and we were told to call a different number due to the management change. Would have been nice to have been told about the change in management during our wedding. Thank goodness they didn't change wedding planners on us. During our stay the customer service at the front desk was horrible. You'd go up with an issue and they didn't seem to care or handle it professionally. We asked multiple times if they had a walk in cooler for our beer and alcohol and they said yes, when we arrived with the beer they didn't have a walk in cooler and we had to use coolers to chill the drinks but it worked out in the end. Michela from Parker Brown was the bomb though, she was there the whole time with us whereas the front desk staff from the other company didn't The rooms were nice and everything seemed to work well. The views are nice and it is in a decent location. Be aware that some of the rooms seem to be time shares because they have clothing and personal items in them and the A/C units are in the rooms and very noisy in certiain rooms and led to poor sleep for many of our guests. Overall I think the place could be a lot more with the proper staff and management.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
#6 of 60 in Park City
The Chateaux Deer Valley
The Chateaux Deer Valley
#7 of 60 in Park City

Been to Lodge at Stillwater? Share your experiences!