“Family Fun!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Heber Valley Railroad

Heber Valley Railroad
Ranked #4 of 22 things to do in Heber City
More attraction details
Owner description: A steam passenger railroad from 1899 that offers special theme events during the year.
Midway, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Family Fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I took my 7-year-old daughter on a ride in summer (about 5 years ago) and it was very Western-themed and fun. The train seats were horrific and ancient! After awhile, we stopped and were able to switch to the open-front cars (cattle-type thing). It was more fun after we moved. There were teenagers working on the train dressed in Western-garb and acting the part, for the kids.

Unfortunately, our train started 2 mountain fires on our way back up to Heber from Provo, but after 2 hours we got back!! (As a smoker, I was trapped on an outdoor-deck, with kids and required by the Fire Dept. to stay, so THAT STUNK!)

It's a bit more expensive than I felt it was worth, but if you have kids and really need something to do, why not!?

Visited December 2012

Norfolk, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Heber Creeper trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

What a superb fun trip. The staff went out of their way to make our day memorable and fun. We experienced a real taste of the Wild West with a fun 'train robbery' and musical entertainment too. I would highly recommend this for any age group. My husband is still talking about this day.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Carole S
Bozeman, Montana
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Heber Creeper”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I took two rides on the Heber Valley Railroad. One at 11am in the morning...the day was beautiful and we met another fun couple to visit with and had a great time...the staff on the train were great and gave us a good overview of the history of Heber and the railroad. The scenery was beautiful, farm land, native land, water and wildlife are to be seen. The train robbery was great and the singing bandit had a great voice and sang great songs. We ordered the boxed lunch and it was a great big sandwich, chips and a cookie. The night train was the Chocolate Train. They had the car well heated and started out with hot chocolate, then a caramel with chocolate, a caramel dipped apple with a chocolate covering, a piece of chocolate toffee. The entertainment was a young lady playing the violin, she knew all of the songs by heart and then took requests from each guest. She was great!!!! The gift shop was a little bare but we were there off season. We were impressed with the price of the booklets about the railroad, only $1 each. We bought the singing bandit's artwork and CD's, along with a T-shirt and magnet. This was a great experience and we would do more of their themed trains. Next up they will have a Christmas Train.

Visited November 2013
Ogden, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Heber Creeper False Advertising!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

It is a lovely, scenic place and a fun, old-fashioned train. I am truly disappointed with how wonderful and magical they make their holiday events sound though. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME! FALSE ADVERTISING ALERT! I had the unfortunate opportunity to visit the "pumpkin festival" with my family last week. We had been wanting to do so ever since we heard about it. Here is some helpful information which everyone I have talked to who has visited this train agrees with: the "costumed entertainers" are girls with painted whiskers and cat ear headbands and safety pinned-on tails. They come out and dance to a song and give you a stale-tasting cookie.... that's it! No monsters, ghosts, nothing! Then you ride for a while and then go backwards the same stretch of track. At the station a person in an easter bunny suit walks around and a guy in a frankenstein mask. The "haunted train car" has a couple graves, some smoke and spider webs. Sound lame? well, it was the best part of the whole night. We chose a pumpkin that was rotten within a couple days from their pile of pumpkins inside a little fence (pumpkin patch???) and had soggy, microwave corn dogs and tough, stale taquitos for our "yummy snacks" on the train. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! I have heard from multiple people that the Christmas one is much worse because it is about as lame and costs 3 times as much. I recommend taking just a regular ride on the train. Costs much less and is more fun because you aren't expecting some neat, extra-special holiday experience. p.s. go potty before boarding!! If anyone is outside while the train passes by they will get a great view of you going!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank stacey d
Lambertville, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Very Disappointed only highlight was the singing bandit!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was looking forward to this scenic railroad ride maybe our mistake was to take the 90 minute ride. The only scenery we saw is what parrelled the highway we had just driven down to get to the railroad. The fake train robbery was a waste fo time. Prior to boarding the train we had talked witha gentleman that worked for the company and he starting telling us stories about the train and stated we would here all about this on the train, The "guide" did not tell us any stories about the railways or the train cars. We could have found so many other things to do in that time.

Visited September 2013