“I got what I paid for...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mac's Motel

Mac's Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Heber City
Sacramento, California
“I got what I paid for...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Was received with a warm welcome but was disappointed by the room. I was prepared for something average based on the $69 (total price with taxes) room, but there were a few details that could bear improvement. For example: there was nothing but a very thin flat sheet between me and the hard mattress. I was cold with just one average thin motel "cover blanket". The pillows were hard. Only two wire hangers in the closet. The soap dispensers didn't work or were empty. The bath mat was the kind they don't wash every time (ick). The lock on the door was sliding around like it was broken. One of the worst night's sleep I've had in a long time.

On the upside, it's right where I needed it to be and it had a fridge and free wi-fi.

All in all, I should've just choked up the extra to stay at a slightly nicer place. Sorry, Mac's! I really wanted to like you but the lack of mattress cover and blankets was a deal-breaker for me.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jill C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Avoid this Place!!!! upon our arrival the office was locked and no personnel there to greet their customers. Called phone number on door and person was rude and told us we could not check in until 3:00pm...(we arrived at 2:15pm) verbal abuse situation going on outside of one of the rooms...not maintained well outside at the time. Shares parking lot with Subway Sandwich Shop with large amount of traffic in and out of parking lot including motel parking spots. Felt this motel was unsafe. Left and stayed elsewhere for the night!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank c j
Riverton, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

I would not stay at this place I rate is a zero. I booked it for my son who got married that day. He went to check in at 3:00 there was a sign on the the door to call a number. He called and the man on the other end said that he could not get there until 4:00. so my son look a round and found a room open, looked in the front was of the dresser drawer, and the door was off a front of cabinet. He called back and told the man that he would not stay and requested a refund. which he was very rude. My son asked for the owners name and was told he would not give him the name. I booked this through Travelosity. I hope that go visit this place. It is a dump. It might be inexpensive. but it is no deal. They should fire the manager.

Room Tip: go to Holiday in my son did
Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Albert J
Grand Junction, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

The room was tiny and the motel older, but it was very clean. The walls are pretty thin, I could hear the TV next door clearly. There was no one at the front desk when I went to check out, so I left my key on the table in the room and a note at the lobby entrance. I only stayed one night, I could see how the room might not be appropriate for a longer stay (due to the size). If I am ever in Herber City again, I will probably stay here due to the price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Thadd_969
Vernal, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

this is by far the nastiest motel i have ever stayed at
i was afraid to sleep in the sheets
so i sleep in mm clothes on top of the blanket
because there was no bed spread
the guy at the desk could barley speak broken english
and had no idea how to process my reservation
i was quoted $44.99
and the charge on my card revealed $58.00
i do not recommend this dive to anyone
i would have rather sleep in my car
i am surprised that expedia even had this place listed
reminds me of what a flop house might be

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank nothinfiner
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

We stayed for a week and it was awsome price is best in town and staff and neighbors were very polite and friendly I don't see why someone would write a bad review and who ever did was just plain rude the first review I seen was hardly true I would highly recommend staying here they are great clean and very helpful with any other needs you may have! Great place great people great price and pet friendly all around a comfortable homey great place to stay I highly recommend it its a very friendly easy going place to stay for anyone great location too very close to everything you need we loved it and will definitely stay again

• Stayed December 2010
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank alsmilesnsunshine
St. George, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

Although I can appreciate them trying to keep costs down by having just basic amenities, our stay lacked even the basics.
We ran out of toilet paper of all things(twice), had to plead with the maid service to come in and clean(we stayed a few days), which they didn't do other than change the sheets, they didn't have any washcloths or hand towels. We ended up going to the store to buy toilet paper late at night and that's not something I even have to do at home!!
The comforters on the beds were covered in pet hair..and we don't own any pets.
The worst part is we woke up to some kind of rodent feces on the floor our last night there.
The beds were very uncomfortable and we had the worst two nights of sleep in our lives.
The location is great, and if they would get their act together it wouldn't be too bad of a place to stay if you're looking for inexpensive accommodations with basic amenities.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Express Heber City
Swiss Alps Inn
Swiss Alps Inn
#1 of 3 in Heber City

Been to Mac's Motel? Share your experiences!