New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

M Star Hotel Heber City
M Star Hotel Heber City
Ranked #3 of 3 Heber City B&B and Inns
Moab, Utah
“Great room- poor breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is our second stay at this motel. The first was two years ago under different management. The current owner took over about one year ago. The motel has been cleaned up and has wonderful soft bath sheets instead of a postage stamp towel. Our room (103) was clean and spacious with 2 queen beds. There waaas a fridge and, hair dryer and microwave and the management offered the standard shampoo and conditioner plus a sample of a hair gel, a breathe right strip and throat lozenges.
The down side was the breakfast-it is an extremely small area with two tables with the chair (if occupied) pushed up against the breakfast bar so you can't get to the food. I could have overlooked that, as it is a small area. My complaint is in looking in the basket of individually wrapped and toastable waffles and french toast the top package of french toast had two mold spots clearly visable. We decided against breakfast. The manager was not present- there was no bell to ring so we just left our keys on the front counter.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

I can say nothing regarding the rooms as I did not step into one, but I did reserve a room for 4 nights a month in advance. The manager Brent ran my card for the 4 nights the next evening (no holds per normal hotel reservations). A week later I called to change the reservations to two nights as we wanted something with a hot tub for a couple of nights and he acted very dismayed by this but we managed to hash out a two night stay and he informed me that I would recieve a credit for two nights back on the card. Three weeks passed and I flew into Salt Lake, picked up my rental, drove to Heber City and upon arriving at the M Star and meeting Brent was told that he thought that I wasn't coming in until the next evening and had no room for me. Mind you we had had numerous conversations about this and I was never refunded any part of the 289 charge for the original 4 nights. I told him to refund it all and cancel it all as I was done dealing with him. After calling me a jerk, I sat patiently while he contacted his credit card company to authorize the refund. It's been a week and half since my stay now and after going through the dispute department with my credit card company have been refunded the total amount. I'm going to reserve saying anything about Brent the manager except that he is in no way competent or transparent enough to be in any position of authority anywhere.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Barry B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

Ver nice hotel staff was nice very helpful new manger
Will stay again price was inline good time in heber city

• Stayed November 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

We randomly picked this hotel and it was a great one. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. They even have some light breakfast in the morning which was perfect before we got re-started on our journey. Def. a good one.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Delta, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

There was no HOT water in the basin, towels were not clean, basin fixtures had toothpaste on it from previous people. Blow dryer was missing, beds crackeled not sure what that was about. Blinds did not provide privacey.

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room before you choose to stay.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Glenna G
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

Basic rooms, clean, fresh, plenty of room. Cheap.Lots of chain restaurants to eat in.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Juliawoodhead
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

Just passing through and needed a bed for the night. I am not that picky, but the room smelled very musty. I didn't see any mold, but there has to be a colony of it somewhere.

The room was poorly maintained and could have been cleaned much better (pubic hair on the soap dish).

The noise level from the creaking floor of the room above and the parking lot right outside the room made for a poor night's sleep. The price wasn't high, but the room was worth at most 60% of what I paid.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
#6 of 60 in Park City
Lodge at Stillwater
Lodge at Stillwater
#3 of 5 in Heber City

Been to M Star Hotel Heber City? Share your experiences!