Husband and I were driving from Denver, Colorado, over Route 40 and planned to stay in Vernal, but decided to keep going a little further to Heber City. If you're doing the same route, we highly recommend it -- Heber City is a lot prettier than Vernal, although no plastic dinosaurs if you have kids.
We called in a last-minute reservation from the road, got a king room. They checked us in speedily and cheerfully. When we unlocked the door, the room -- good surprise! -- had a big jetted tub for two. Very nice for road-weary travelers.
Overall, the room was perfectly clean, quiet, comfortable, quiet and affordable. Everything worked. We had a good night's sleep.
Breakfast was about what you'd expect from a low-cost chain -- heavy on the simple carbs, undrinkable coffee. We travel with our own plain yogurt and peanut butter and whole wheat bread and a bag of Starbucks for the in-room coffee pot, etc. and just fill in from the buffet, which works fine.
All in all, great value for the money and a pleasant and pretty stopover along the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Heber City is nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, a great location just minutes from Salt Lake City and Park City. With its breathtaking views, it is the perfect choice for a couple s weekend getaway or a wide variety of family excursions! Wasatch County offers events including, Cowboy Poetry, Rodeos, Swiss Days and much more. The Sundance Film Festival, which is considered the premier US showcase for American and International Independent films, is located 15 minutes from Heber City. If you re looking for outdoor activities, you ll be surrounded by some of the greatest hiking and biking trails Heber Valley has to offer. Take in the beauty of the award winning golf courses; Wasatch Golf Course, Soldier Hollow and The Homestead. If water activities are on your agenda, you ll find what you re looking for at some of the greatest reservoirs in Utah including, Deer Creek Reservoir, Strawberry Reservoir and Jordanelle Reservoir. We are just a short drive to some of the greatest ski areas in Utah such as, Park City Mountain Resort, The Canyons, Deer Valley, Sundance and Soldier Hollow. Relax in our warm indoor pool & hot tub and Stay Smart with our complimentary breakfast buffet featuring hot cinnamon rolls and freshly brewed coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Heber City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Heber City Hotel Heber City
- Holiday Inn Heber City
- Heber City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Heber City Utah