“Clean and comfy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Heber City
california
“Clean and comfy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

My adult daughter and I enjoyed our stay at this conveniently located Holiday Inn Express. We were there for 2 nights. The first night we did experience an uncomfortable situation. The young man that was minding the front desk had several friends visiting that evening. They seemed to be partying and just being normal teenagers having a good time, but not knowing them, we were not going to risk going out to the pool and spa without any other people around. The next morning we make the manager aware of the problem. She assured us that she would talk to the employee about our complaint. The second day went off without incident. The room was very clean, the breakfast was good, and all the personal was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located about 20 minutes from Park City, and less than 5 minutes from Heber City Historical Railroad. We rode the train down through Provo Canyon. Which is about a 3 hour round trip. Gorgeous scenery! If you are traveling to Park City or a surrounding area ,this is an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed September 2009
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Loopedpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2009

Wow, very spacious rooms, awesome staff, great room for myself and the two children. The breakfast was basically a heat and serve type breakfast and actually not bad, but for the price we paid, it was not a big deal to me. I loved how the pool and hottub was open till midnight, you don't get that anywhere else!
The hotel is surrounded by three reservoirs. I was here with the kids and had a blast at those places. The golfing was phenomenal, too!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

I stayed 3 nights at the HIE in Heber City while attending the Heber City Cowboy Poetry Gathering & Buckaroo Fair. The HIE wasn't my first choice - I'd actually booked months in advance at another hotel as it was cheaper. Only when I got to HC, the other hotel (Rodeway Inn) had me booked for 3 nights starting a few nights later! Anyway, I went to the HIE hoping I'd be able to get a room and thankfully I lucked out.
I ended up with a Handicapped room which was spacious & well laid out. Best of all, it was about 20 feet from the absolutely amazing pool. My friends and I spent ALL of our spare time in this pool. Most times we had the pool to ourselves and because it was open late, we were often still swimming at midnight. There's nothing better about swimming or sitting in a hot tub watching snow gently fall down outside.
THe breakfast was adequate - nothing spectacular but certainly very decent.
I would recommend this hotel to any one going to HC and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
Farmington Hills, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2009

Booked for 6 nights but wanted to go to Zion for one of the nights. They were very accommodating and gave us the original rate for each night even though we broke the reservation into two separate ones. The rooms were clean, the breakfast more than adequate, the staff was friendly and they had FoxNews. Could not ask for more.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

Stayed in this H.Inn while attending a wedding and family get-togethers in Heber City. Staff very cheerful, helpful and friendly. Rooms attractive and very clean. Beds and pillows comfortable. Did not eat breakfast but coffee was very good. Pool area clean and attractive. This was our second stay and we shall return.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Hooper,Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2008

We have stayed at the Heber City Holiday in Express every year since they opened. We come up for the Utah High School Rodeo finals and the place is packed.

The staff there are wonderful and very accomodating. They treat their guests as though you are the only people there, and your needs are important.! I'm sure it's hard to do sometimes, when your are bombarded by a whole heard of rowdy teen agers, but they always seem to rise to the occasion.

The breakfast is a little sub standard, but I attribute that more to the very crowded situation.

I was a little disappointed by the company's new attitude about Military Discounts, but that does not seem to be shared by the Heber City location.

All in all, theses guys are great!

• Liked — They kept the pool open for us, they served breakfast longer and allowed late check out!
  • Disliked — Attitude about Military Discounts
  • Stayed June 2008
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2008

Good lodging option with easy access to downtown and Highway 189/40. Property was going through a renovation when I visited in Feb. 2008 and the new room I had was very nice. Would stay here again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed February 2008
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heber City
Lodge at Stillwater
Lodge at Stillwater
#3 of 5 in Heber City
Holiday Inn Express Park City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Heber City? Share your experiences!