“Beautiful hotel, Beautiful surroundings!”

Holiday Inn Express Heber City
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Heber City
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Wow, very spacious rooms, awesome staff, great room for myself and the two children. The breakfast was basically a heat and serve type breakfast and actually not bad, but for the price we paid, it was not a big deal to me. I loved how the pool and hottub was open till midnight, you don't get that anywhere else!
The hotel is surrounded by three reservoirs. I was here with the kids and had a blast at those places. The golfing was phenomenal, too!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed August 9, 2009

I stayed 3 nights at the HIE in Heber City while attending the Heber City Cowboy Poetry Gathering & Buckaroo Fair. The HIE wasn't my first choice - I'd actually booked months in advance at another hotel as it was cheaper. Only when I got to HC, the other hotel (Rodeway Inn) had me booked for 3 nights starting a few nights later! Anyway, I went to the HIE hoping I'd be able to get a room and thankfully I lucked out.
I ended up with a Handicapped room which was spacious & well laid out. Best of all, it was about 20 feet from the absolutely amazing pool. My friends and I spent ALL of our spare time in this pool. Most times we had the pool to ourselves and because it was open late, we were often still swimming at midnight. There's nothing better about swimming or sitting in a hot tub watching snow gently fall down outside.
THe breakfast was adequate - nothing spectacular but certainly very decent.
I would recommend this hotel to any one going to HC and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Booked for 6 nights but wanted to go to Zion for one of the nights. They were very accommodating and gave us the original rate for each night even though we broke the reservation into two separate ones. The rooms were clean, the breakfast more than adequate, the staff was friendly and they had FoxNews. Could not ask for more.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Stayed in this H.Inn while attending a wedding and family get-togethers in Heber City. Staff very cheerful, helpful and friendly. Rooms attractive and very clean. Beds and pillows comfortable. Did not eat breakfast but coffee was very good. Pool area clean and attractive. This was our second stay and we shall return.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2008

We have stayed at the Heber City Holiday in Express every year since they opened. We come up for the Utah High School Rodeo finals and the place is packed.

The staff there are wonderful and very accomodating. They treat their guests as though you are the only people there, and your needs are important.! I'm sure it's hard to do sometimes, when your are bombarded by a whole heard of rowdy teen agers, but they always seem to rise to the occasion.

The breakfast is a little sub standard, but I attribute that more to the very crowded situation.

I was a little disappointed by the company's new attitude about Military Discounts, but that does not seem to be shared by the Heber City location.

All in all, theses guys are great!

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed February 14, 2008

Good lodging option with easy access to downtown and Highway 189/40. Property was going through a renovation when I visited in Feb. 2008 and the new room I had was very nice. Would stay here again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed November 21, 2006

We enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were clean, spacious, and quiet.

The pillows were normal pillows and not foam cushions as one review experienced. My only complaint were the HARD beds.....perhaps they just recently put in new beds and pillows - that would explain the hardness.

The breakfast was standard HIX breakfast food with their cinnamon rolls included.

We didn't see too many other guests and felt like we had the place to ourself - at breakfast and the pool too! But we are early risers so that must explain it as we saw people having breakfast when we left.

The pool was a bit chilly but they had the outside door open which I didn't mind as it cut out some of the chlorine smell. The pool maintance guy was there doing his water quality testing and put a huge hose over the edge of the pool and began adding more water while we were swimming. He was a very nice and friendly guy. Just wish they could do their maintenace when the pool hours are closed and not while we were trying to swim. That was a bit annoying.

We found the hotel to be clean and well lit - no dingy hallways or anything like that. It was nice. The views of the Wasatch Mountains outside are beautiful too!

If they had more comfortable beds, did pool maintanence off hours and had warmer pool water - we would of had a perfect stay!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
#1 of 3 in Heber City
Zermatt Resort & Spa
Zermatt Resort & Spa
#1 of 2 in Midway

Been to Holiday Inn Express Heber City? Share your experiences!