“Great place to Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Heber City
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Heber City
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express twice and both times have absolutely no complaints. Clean, friendly, good breakfast. Would definitely stay there again and recommend to anyone. The location is very easy to find and the grounds are very nice and clean. My daughter used the fitness room and was very satisfied with that too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We booked two nights here to get away for our anniversary. It was easy to find, and conveniently located. We got a King Jacuzzi room. It was spacious and enjoyable. The bed was very firm, so if you like a firm mattress, you are in luck. It was a little too hard for us. Breakfast was what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. Plenty of variety and served fresh. Close to Park City, Midway and Wasatch Mountain State Park.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wendi C
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights- check in was easy & friendly. The hotel is fairly modem and has an indoor pool etc but I didn't use it. There is a lift (elevator) and my room was large and very comfortable. I had a whirl pool bath tub, which was nice- although it is placed next to the bed- however it has its own extract fan. However I did find that the hot water was a bit hit & miss (I guess lots of guests were filling their whirl pool tubs at the same time as me?) so maybe they could do with an upgrade of the hot water supply. Otherwise couldn't fault the room. I didn't have breakfast so cannot comment on that. Free WiFi was good and fast. Only down side is I found it a bit difficult to access the hotel from the main road if you are driving so you need to turn left into the parking lot- you have to cut across 3 lanes.

Heber City is an interesting place- I would advise a visit to 'Dairy Keen' if you are partial to ice cream and burgers :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank AmandaClaireBrown
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express again because the mom and pop motels in Heber scare me. I'm sure they're fine--they get decent reviews--but I like recognizable chains.

It has changed a little since my previous visit, except that their prices are fairly out of whack. I called for a room only a couple of hours before arrival, and they said they had "plenty," and told me it would be $135. For Heber!?! Are they crazy? No wonder they have "plenty" even on Demolition Derby night (Saturday, 7/27) when they probably should have been full. (I wasn't there for the Derby, though.) After pointing out that something is better than nothing when they have so many vacant rooms, he offered it to me at $109.

The room was essentially the same as before, the bathroom in a little disrepair with the tub spout separated from the wall probably creating all kinds of water damage in the wall. Also, the cable TV was out. And since this property doesn't even have pay-per-view movies or anything else, my stay was *really* dull. I called the desk about the cable and he just said, "Yeah, it went out Friday and we can't do anything until Monday." I find it odd that they wouldn't have made fixing that a priority regardless of any overtime they might have to pay. The room was barely worth the reduce rate, and now it seemed not even worth that.

It sadly seems in rapid decline in just the couple of times I've been there in the past few years. And I still cannot reach the Jolly Green Giant shower head to adjust the spray. Next time I will remember that my cousin told me he could get me a good rate at The Homestead through his employer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank SavvyCat64
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Heber City, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear SavvyCat64,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the room conditions that did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Breakfast was good, though the eggs tasted a bit fake. The rooms were very large and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The kids enjoyed the pool though it was a little cooler than we prefer. The worst part was the parking. Too many people with four-wheeler trailers taking up all the spaces. Overall it was a nice stay and we'd stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Milanlan
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in Utah and I can say that this one ranks as my top for value in the mountains. The hotel was full for the 4th of July weekend and the Holiday Inn Express Heber took good care of my family. Very quiet, decent breakfast not sure what the guy was talking about from June they had a pancake machine and plenty of juices along with eggs, bacon, biscuts and gravy and lots of there wonderful cinnamin rolls. We got plenty to eat each day. Great staff! One night we got in a little late and the made us cookies any way. Thanks for the great stay!

Room Tip: 3rd floor room 315 by the elevator. No noise from the elevator and only one neighbor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Pam D
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for years, but this year was the last. Unimpressed with their breakfast. Where was the Pancake machine? Juice in Jugs and Poor selection of breakfast items. I felt sorry for the breakfast hostess....Front desk was nice but no follow through. I can say that the room was well maintained. Horrid management to let this hotel be run like it is.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DuneRider1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Heber City, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear DuneRider1,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am truly sorry to hear that the breakfast served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. I want to assure you that I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. Once again many thanks for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Janice A

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Springville
Swiss Alps Inn
Swiss Alps Inn
#1 of 3 in Heber City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Heber City? Share your experiences!