“Great Service, Not Very Sound-proof”

Holiday Inn Express Heber City
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Heber City
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Heber for two nights. We wanted to be close to Park City without paying the Park City hotel prices. On our first night, we were awakened at 1:30 AM by neighbors upstairs who had just checked in and turned on their jetted tub. It was very loud. We went to the service desk, and they promptly put us in another room on the same floor. We went back to sleep, and were awakened early in the morning by neighbors in the room upstairs with children running around in their room. So we asked to be moved to a room on the top floor, which they did, and the second night, we slept great. Our room had a fireplace and a jetted tub, which was nice. The hotel was nice and clean, the food was good, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and provided warm cookies.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank stw576
hopitalityhie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Heber City, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

I am truly sorry that you were awaken by upstairs neighbors, yet delighted that our staff was so responsive to your needs. I am glad that your slept was more restful the second night of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you for a future stay... and yes, we will put you on the 3rd floor.

-Kristen Wilson

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed two night at this property and was very please. It's clean and modern, with free breakfast in the morning, and fresh baked cookies in the evening. The room was clean, spacious, and well-appointed. I only wish it offered pay-per-view movies or something, but my biggest "problem" was that the showerhead was up way too high. I'm 5'3" and had to stand on my tippy-toes to adjust the spray. It also seemed to run out of hot water rather quickly. That, or the water cooled having to fall so far from the head. LOL!

The staff were friendly and professional, even when I set off the smoke alarm. :) (It was the first time the heater was turned on this season and that thing is loud!) This hotel is a nice addition to the city for the modern traveller who needs or wants more of a full service property.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SavvyCat64
hopitalityhie, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Heber City, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Thank you for your recent review. We are happy to hear of your excellent stay with us. We strive to maintain high standards at our hotel and are continually working towards achieving a higher level of Guest Satisfaction. We look forward to being your hotel of choice next time you're in the Heber City area.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Clean, friendly, easy access and reasonably priced. Situated on the edge of town with an excellent restaurant, The Claim Jumper, no more than 30 yards from the front door of the Hotel. Ideally situated close to Park City and only 40 minutes from Salt Lake City by fast interstate.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
hopitalityhie, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Heber City, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent stay and for recommending our hotel. We welcome reviews to help us maintain our high quality standards at our hotel and help us to always improve our guest's satisfaction. We hope to be your choice hotel again when you are in the Heber City area.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

A last minute stay on a Saturday night because I'd been feeling sick and wasn't up to making the drive late and in the dark back over to Salt Lake and everything in Heber was booked. We almost decided to drive home but called Holiday Inn, expecting the price to be well out of our budget. We lucked out and the on duty manager gave us a walk-in special on a room out of a block that'd just been cancelled. Not only was she willing to give us a special (not knowing that at full price we had the option of walking out -- it's not like we *had* to have a place to stay), but she also was kind enough to give us a bump up to a room with an in-room hot tub at no extra charge! The lobby, room, and breakfast areas were all clean and well kept and the staff we interacted with were pleasant and professional.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your recent stay. We always welcome reviews to help us maintain our high quality standards at our hotel and help us to always improve our guest's satisfaction.We hope to be your choice hotel again when you are in the Heber City area.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had spent 2 weeks in Utah & Colarado and had booked this hotel for our last night before returning to SLC for our flight home to Scotland. We arrived very early afternoon and as we expected, our room was not ready. The lady on the desk was so helpful and tried to see if there was another room for us. We opted to do some sight seeing until it was ready. We had booked a room with spa bath but both were being used by longer stay people. However they gave us a double queen room at a good discount and we just used the spa by the pool- it was lovely. The very spacious room was first class and the beds comfortable. Breakfast was included and made a lovely start to the day with cereals, bacon, eggs, toast, muffins, coffee, orange juice and delicious pancakes you made yourself! A super finish to a fantastic holiday!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I usually stay at this hotel with my son and 2 daughters and we usually have a great time, however this last visit was quite upsetting for my family. Apparently the General Manager had done something wrong and was being escorted out by the Police Department and was using every profanity in the book in front of my family and I. I, along with my 6 yr old son and 12&14 year old daughters had to leave the lobby and decided to go ahead and stay elsewhere. Tammy, the front desk manager allowed me to cancel my reservation and I ended up staying in Park City at a hotel called The Yarrow. I just thought I would review this hotel because apparently they are in need of a more professional "Manager" to run the place.There were other guests in the lobby and I am sure they feel the same way I do. This Hotel has good accommodations and a great pool, but if you are looking for a "professional" guest service environment, dont stay here until they replace the current General Manager. Very Unprofessional.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CJ T
hopitalityhie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Heber City, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

I am so sorry to read of your expereince at the Holiday Inn Express. I can assure you that our Management , including the General Manger do not have run ins with the law. I hope that you are willing to give us a try again, as I personally ensure you a wonderful stay. Hoping to welcome you soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Poorly managed and very cheap/thrifty ownership.
Employees are pleasant, the facility is newer & decent , however the ownership, TNG Heber LLC is not training it's employees or investing funds to keep the facility functional.
The lobby guest computer is labeled "broken" but is really supposed to have been replaced and the front desk doesn't know why it is taking so long. They will let guests use the front desk computer behind the counter to print boarding passes or check email. However both of those printers work poorly and "have not been printing dark enough for a while now".
Each floor is set up to have an ice machine at one end, however the one on the 3rd floor has been disconnected & totally removed. The first floor unit is broken but there is still an active, usable one on the 2nd floor.
Our initial room # 316 looked out into a blank wall. The front desk lady had not been up to the rooms and so did not know of the obscurred view. When I asked for another room, she moved us to #320, which was fine for a view of the Valley. However, the ice bucket had left-over popcorn in it from the previous guest. The maid had put a fresh, clean plastic bag in it. The pull-up stopper in the bathroom sink was gone and the light bulb in the entry hall was out. When I mentioned all the problems I was encountering to Michael at the front desk, he noted that I was really being very nice about all of the things that were screwed up in the motel, but "Hey, this is only a Holiday Inn Express---what did you expect?". I guess for $120 per night AAA rate including taxes, I was expecting too much. I asked Michael if they had an in-house engineer, he said "yes" and promised to have him replace the bad entry lightbulb that evening. It never happened.
The shower head is arched up, weird and up so high you need to stand on the edge of the tub to reach it to adjust the water flow.
I am a Priority Club member and was greeted cheerfully when we checked in. Later when I was checking email behing the front desk, another Priority Club member was greeted by Michael and given 2 bottles of water that "all Prioority members are offered"---excect us, I guess.
The front desk people were not very well trained and ownership appears to be pinching pennies on any repairs or replacements.

Room Tip: Don't get stuck in room 216 or 316 unless you like looking at a blank wall.
3  Thank smttrav
hopitalityhie, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Heber City, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent stay. We always welcome reviews to help us maintain our high quality standards at our hotel. We are always striving to improve our guest's satisfaction. We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us and ask that you allow us to have second chance to make things right on your next trip to the Heber City area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Heber City
Hampton Inn Provo
Hampton Inn Provo
#1 of 20 in Provo
Baymont Inn & Suites Provo River

Been to Holiday Inn Express Heber City? Share your experiences!